Search results

1. P

68 Allison 14 For Sale $700

1968 14 ft Allison Runabout. Has 3 areas that need minor repair as shown in pictures. A crack at the speedometer pickup, a gouge on the deck, and a rub through in the splash well. Needs a steering cable and gelcoat repair. Needs no upholstery as it has molded bucket seats. Boat appears to be...
  2. P

Saw the Larry Register Ally on C/L

Looks like a decent deal. Just curious how fast that combo is w/ the 850XS. Anyone have one similar that can tell me?
  3. P

Looking for one of Larry Registers Ally 13R copies

Does anyone know where there is one of Larry Registers boats for sale? Prefer just the boat with no power. Hopefully in the Northeast somewhere, but maybe willing to travel further.
  4. P

13R

I have a chance at a 13R and would like to know what to look for. How do you check for a bad core (I'm assuming there is a balsa core - it's a very light boat)? Would an old short shaft Merc 100 run OK on one of those? What is a good ballpark price? Any input will be appreciated.
  5. P

What happened to the Allison site?

I used to get into a compiled site that had the new Allison page, owners forum, and owners list - some w/ pictures of their boats, and old racing photos. I tried the link lately and it was replaced w/ site advertising something else. Anyone know what happened?
  6. P

14 Ally

Anyone ever tried a V-4 around 115 hp on an older 14?
  7. P

68 Ally Steering

Can anyone tell me what the best and hopefully best bang for my buck steering setup would be to install in my 68 14 ft?
  8. P

13 Ally on Craigslist

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/boa/3228510911.html
  9. P

Serial #

Can anyone tell me the length of an Ally on ebay w/ the serial # 711410?
  10. P

67 14ft Ally

I've got a 67 14 footer and was wondering if that has a good pad on the bottom, or should I not waste my time with it and look for a newer 13R or 14R. Any input on how to set it up would be appreciated.
  11. P

Allison Decals

Does Allison still make replacemant decals for their older boats? If not, anyone else make em?
  12. P

16 Ally

I'm looking for some advice on setting up a 16 Ally. Can you safely put a 175+ motor on them? If not, what's the most I should put on one? What props and transom height work the best? Any help would be appreciated.
  13. P

Scream and Fly

Anyone know what happened to their buy and sell forum?
  14. P

14 Ally setup

I've got an older 14 Ally and some V-4 Jonrudes. I have a chance at a 115 with trim for a great price. What are the downfalls to putting a V-4 on a 13 or 14? Are they dangerous or inefficient?
  15. P

Feathercraft Flyer on Ebay

Just listed today
  16. P

Width and height of a 14 Allison

Can anyone tell me the width and height of a 14 Allison? I'm going a long way to pick it up and it's on a trailer with non servicable sealed bearings. (Would that be an original trailer for an Allison?) If something should happen with the axle on the way home, I'd stuff the boat in the back of...
  17. P

14 Allison

I'm looking into a 1978 14 ft allison. What can I safely put on it as far as H.P.? I've got 80, 100, and 140 mercs. And an 85, 100, and 125 Johnrudes. What type of props will work best? Any input will be appreciated. Are the 13s a better one for speed, or can you make a 14 run also?
  18. P

Rally Pics

Are there any pics of the past Allison rallies?
  19. P

Hustler Wildcat

1972 Hustler Wildcat. Boat is solid but needs paint and interior. Has a 1967 Evinrude 100 on it (needs work) and it sits on an ugly trailer that's roadworthy and will get it to your home with no problem. Asking $800. Will trade for small Allison, Switzer, or possibly a Feathercraft. Call...
  20. P

Allison Info Wanted

I've always been a Switzer owner but looking to be an Allison owner. They look to me to be a great boat well advanced above any of the other popular V hulls. I'm looking for a 13 footer in particular when I can find one reasonably priced and hopefully close enough. I've got a few questions about...