Search results

1. chester8420

Steering Cable

I need a port side steering cable for my XTB. I have a fellow coming Sunday to look at the boat and I told him I would take him out in it. Does anybody know where to buy one? I bought a complete steering setup from a member on this site a month ago but I haven't received it. I guess he stole...
  2. chester8420

I just got a vBulletin error message

I thought the whole site was XenForo now... I just got this message while browsing the forum.... http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=15996
  3. chester8420

SOLD Allison XTB-21 For Sale SOLD

SOLD!!!! I have an Allison XTB-21 I need to sell. I have had it for a few years. I used to use it a lot, but my daughter was born 2 years ago. I have only taken it out twice since then. We had our first son a month ago, and I really need money more than a boat. It has been under the...
  4. chester8420

WTB Allison steering cable

I need a port (left) steering cable for an Allison XTB 21. Mine is rusted up solid about 3 feet down the cable. I don't know the length because I've been working every day, and I haven't had time to take it out and measure it. Let me know what you got. I doubt its a good idea to use the boat...
  5. chester8420

WTB 2.4L top cap and ignition

I have a 2.4 200 that I broke the crank in. I patched the engine back together and took it for a test run. The flywheel ate the stator and broke the top cap. The stator and top cap had taken damage from the previous broken crank fiasco, and I shouldn't have re-used them, but I did, and...
  6. chester8420

Winner Z880 Bass Boat

I have a Winner Z880 for sale. It is in rough shape. It is rigged for a mercury engine. It has a Gil bracket and it had a 2.4 200 on it when I bought it. It has newer galvanized trailer in excelent shape. The boat has had transom work in the past. It looks rough but it is rigid. It held...
  7. chester8420

Setup questions

I know this is going to be kinda vague, but I have a few general setup questions for you folks. I have an XTB21 with a 2.4 200. It has a 1.87 gearcase with a bob's lwp. I run a 25P tempest. Currently the engine is set around 3/4 inch below the pad, but it doesn't seem to matter how its set...
  8. chester8420

Broken floor.

I had the XTB Allison out on Lake Blackshear Sunday and was cruising along at about 35-40. I was meeting a ski boat in a narrow channel and the pilot decided to do a 180 in front of me. Well, I didn't have time to stop and the ski boat's huge "falling off plane in a 180degree turn" wake was...