SOLD Allison XTB-21 For Sale SOLD

chester8420

SOLD!!!!

I have an Allison XTB-21 I need to sell. I have had it for a few years. I used to use it a lot, but my daughter was born 2 years ago. I have only taken it out twice since then. We had our first son a month ago, and I really need money more than a boat. It has been under the shelter and it is in good shape. It is a 1986 model and it has a 2.4 200 engine on it.

I had the 2.4 200 laying around so I slapped it on. I hoped to eventually install a 225 promax engine, but my wife and I bought a house and started a family so...

I'll start with the hull. It shines in the sun and generally looks good. It has a noticeable scratch on the left side. The carpet is in good shape except for a spot underneath the passenger seat where the carpet was peeled up to bolt the seat mount down. I should have glued it back down, but that was about the end of me using the boat so... The back seats are in good shape and they are embroidered Allison. The driver's bucket seats looks good. The front passenger seat is a grey seat from basspro, but it is good. The gauges are new, and they all work except for the trim gauge cause it isn't hooked up. The trolling motor works on all 5 speeds. The livewell pumps are independently switched and they work. The running and fishing light sockets work and the light poles are included and they work. The shorty front red/green light pole has a courtesy light and it works. The boat has trim switches on the bow, steering wheel, shifter, and cowl and they all work. The boat is wired for onboard trim and outboard trim. It has the inboard trim pump installed. It has the new style merc wiring harness. Bilge pump is switched and it has an auto float and it works. Fuel tank holds approximately 20 gallons. Boat is wired for an electric fuel transfer pump, but it doesn't have one installed.
It has a marine stereo with CD player. It works great and the boat has new marine speakers. The speakers are large and they sound good. Comes with a CCR cd if you want it.
The underside of the boat is in good condition. It has a few blemishes and deep scratches on the bow where the front roller hits, but nothing that would preclude integrity. The boat does not leak a drop of water. The transom is rock solid. It has a manual jack plate but it is very easy to change engine height.

The trailer looks rough. It is solid though. The bunk boards need carpet, and I hope to get them done this weekend. The lights work, the bearings are good and they have bearing buddies. The tires are good. I pulled it from Louisana where I bought it with no problems. Its the original beam frame Sweetwater Trailer Works trailer I think.

Now the engine.. It is a modded 2.4 200hp. It has a low water pickup with speedo probe on the foot and a 25pitch tempest prop. The gearcase is beat up but it still pushes the boat. The engine has been blown up and rebuilt more than once, but it is running decent right now so.... I'm not going to BS anybody about the extensive repiar history engine, but it ran good at the lake earlier this week, and you can't argue with that.

Just wanted to get the ball rolling on selling this thing. I'm gonna post a youtube video of it going down the lake earlier this week. Feel free to call me with any questions. I need it gone asap. I would like to get close to $6000 for it but I can deal. Thanks!!
-Chris
call or text

Last edited:

chester8420

I forgot to mention that I have 2 windshields for it. (factory original, and a new tinted one) It comes with the transom saver, noodle flusher, 2 deep cycle batteries, and it has an onboard dual bank battery charger. Also, the boat, motor, and trailer are all in my name with no leans. (tag and DNR registration are current)
If you are serious about the boat, I'll take you out in it. It will run in the 70s all day long with a load of people, gear, 2 full livewells of fish, cooler and batteries.

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Will you sell the CCR cd separate?? Just kidding. These are great boats and ride as good as any Allison built. Ever. Good luck with the sale.

Mrbuck50

I would LOVE to have the tinted windscreen if you would consider parting with it.
I will pass the word around on your XTB. Several people have offered to buy mine.

whipper

Shes a great looking Allison and in the clip drives beautifully. So well in fact a two year old can handle her. haha That was priceless. :D He seemed to take being a captain well.

Looks like a super great deal for someone i would say!! Ive always liked the roomy layout of the XTB. Hope ya sell her so you can do what ya need to do for the family. Great ride!!

chester8420

It is metal flake paint. It sparkles in the sun. I can't get the camera to focus on the shiny flakes, it either focuses on dust particles or the reflection. They are not the huge flakes like in gelcoat, these are very very small. Like on an automobile. In the last 2 pictures you can see the flakes.

whipper

haha selfy... :D Your boat is a steal for someone. If i lived closer i would buy her and put a 225 Promax on her. Such a sweet fast smooth hull!!

Last edited:

ally2dextreme

Thanks for the pictures, do you think the motor is down, I know you have stated it is what it is but with a modded 200 it should do 80s pretty easy.I ask because I have a friend looking for a cheaper allison and this one seems to be in the ball park for him .I just wanted to know your thoughts as to why it may be down a little,I don't want him to need to work on it right away.Also you mentioned the gearcase was pretty bad,can you post a good picture.... Thanks...what's the best time to call

chester8420

I'll try to get some pics of the gearcase tomorrow. It has been through a lot, but it pushes the boat and shifts fine. It has leaked dope in the past, but I recently put some new shaft seals in, and that seemed to have stopped the leak. The skeg was broken when I bought the motor, and a new one has been welded on. It has a bob's low water pickup and some of the bondo fairing it in has flaked off.

As for the top speed, a 2.4 200 isn't gonna turn much more than 63-6400 rpm. And all I have is a 25pitch tempest. You can do the math. Its chrome bore, so the port work is stock. Heads have been shaved a tick. Exhaust chest has been cut a little. I'll try and post some compression numbers tomorrow.

I've had it up to 77mph. But I rarely carry a gps, so it has likely been faster. I've never set out to get the max speed out of it. I usually haul a load and its set appropriately.

whipper

Gearcase looks good just needs some cosmetic paist and paint. Comp numbers on a couple off lots needs a ring a job. Sure a nice hull though.:D Be a great Allison for someone with a plan.