Search results

1. C

Sportmaster lower unit repair

Ive never pulled a power head so that will be a last resort . I have done lots of mechanical work , but not on a big outboard motor.
  2. C

I was hoping to not have to do that !
  3. C

I will try it , thank you
  4. C

The shaft is up in the mid section, hard to get anything to securely grab it
  5. C

2 years ago when i first had water getting into the LU when i took it apart the upper shaft fell out, when i installed the LU i greased all the splines and i had trouble getting it to seat all the way in, it finally did . So i dont think its a corrosion issue .
  6. C

2003 250XS w/ sportmaster , had drive shaft repaired with a sleeve due to corosion . Still getting water in L/U. New shaft is no longer availible ( 2 piece drive shaft ) called Glen Reynolds racing and marine and he is sending me a new 1 piece shaft to replace it with ( my local dealer...
  7. C

New to Alison

I paid $30 K for an xb21 2+2 with 250 xs 2 years ago , low hours and in great condition.
  8. C

Sportmaster repair

Update - after waiting 4 months for all the correct parts to show up from Merc , finaly got my repaired LU back. Replaced pinion and drive gear due to some damage. Dealer ordered gear ratio stamped on LU. That was wrong , had to re order gear set again ( b/o of course ) hope get it on the...
  9. C

Sportmaster repair

Thanks for the reply
  10. C

Sportmaster repair

03 250XS with sportmaster LU Took LU in for service for water in gearcase. Wanted new seals and inspection of bearings. Inspection showed drive shaft seal cut a groove in the shaft along with some damage to forward gear. After looking up new drive shaft found that Mercury is not making this...
  11. C

Lower unit repair guidance

03 250 XS with a sportmaster
  12. C

Lower unit repair guidance

Got a repair quote for drive shaft replacement, gear set , reverse gear , seals. $4,000 does this seem out of line ?? Seems god awful expensive to me Price for the parts are the killer . Just need to know if this is out of line , any help would be appriciated.
  13. C

Xb21. 2+2 , electrical issue

I Check the fuses under the cowl once and thaught they were all good. Tested again and found the bad fuse. Thanks for the help
  14. C

Xb21. 2+2 , electrical issue

While tracing down an intermitant fuel gauge i shorted out with my tester. Now there is no power to the key switch and trim control on the motor. ( 2003 250 xs ) trim works at wheel and bow. All fuses are good , the 2 breakers have power in and out , any sugestions ?
  15. C

Lower unit drain plug

Yup , found it. Thank you
  16. C

Lower unit drain plug

I have a new to me 2003 250xs with a coned lower unit. There does not appear to have a drain plug only the top vent plug ?? How to drain the oil ? Do not know who did the mods.
  17. C

1996 XB 2003 Pro Sport Tournament, 2005 280, One owner, garage kept

Is this still boat and motor , or is the motor sold ?