Search results

1. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

Wonderful, thanks for all the info!!
  2. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

For a 1996 2002...are all the Ally's different? IIRC from my Stroker days 2" back = 1/2" down. Just wondering what the Ally's are.
  3. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

My home lake is far too rough to run an XR6 and my hull is heavy at 920# before full sized batteries. Maybe for a top speed only case but it hard for me to justify a case for that purpose only. Plus the Geigertech stuff in unobtainable right now :-/. Gonna try this JC case and see how it...
  4. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

Ok I know understand what you were saying. Sometimes (for me at least) I can lose stuff in translation via the back and forth text/type. I def agree that there is little margin for error especially when running flat. I know my lake props carry the bow much more so I can navigate wakes better...
  5. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

Thanks for the info gmorgan. The larger sporty skeg doesn't help keep it planted? It's been super stable so far. Not to veer too far off track, however. Coned 200 case or even an XR6 = lower prop to pad from the sounds of it. Prolly a smaller prop to turn too because I can't turn this prop...
  6. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

Thanks for the clarification on flatter. So you are saying with the smaller cases you run deeper WITHOUT building (excessive) stern lift? And as I go up on the I am going to be building more and more stern lift? I guess the question now is, with my current setup/sporty why would another 1/8th or...
  7. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

Ok thanks, less stern lift is intereting. She's running really flat right now. There has been some light work on the pad but most of the pencil roll is still there especially on the outer most portion of the pad. Yes sir, Lifeline is always on with the kill switch. I do need to start wearing...
  8. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

Yes it is from what I can gather, read and in discussions with Brack. In full disclosure I've got 113 out of it so far at the 1" over.
  9. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

Yeah what case would be important, sorry. It was a big bearing 200. Thanks
  10. Npark

Bill at performance propeller

The 2160 number is good. He is actively doing props too!! Got me some nice ones the other day.
  11. Npark

Sporty vs JC at 110+++

Hey guys would love to get some ideas and opinions on the different lift characterists of the two cases at speed. I have a 2002t I bought from Brack that has been running really good with my lightly warmed up 15" 280 and stock skegged sporty (1.87) combo. I have the 8200rpm race box and I have...
  12. Npark

Performer Props on a 2002 or 003

Anyone have experience with them on one? It's a larger diameter (15") wheel and wondering how that will effect things versus the more normal 14.5". Do you see less slip since you have more blade area for the prop to bite? If you had two identical props in pitch, cut and barrel one being a...
  13. Npark

125+

Excellent, thanks. What side, port or starboard? I'm guessing port.
  14. Npark

125+

If you don't mind me asking where did you have to put the ballast for those speeds? Also, what engine and LU?
  15. Npark

Those that make long runs

What's your combo? Hull/weight, engine, prop and prop shaft size? What RPM do you cruise at most of the time and have you broken a prop shaft? I have Bracks old 2002t (920#) and bought a nice 280ss for it. After a few weeks I broke the prop shaft. I had prolly about 10 hours on it but 275+...
  16. Npark

New to me xb2002 and some questions

That's some good info Dave, thanks. I appreciate how you took the time to explain the what's and whys. Not that I didn't already have respect for this boat but I'm a little scared now. Seems like then lip and a sporty is not a good combo. If I'm going to want to go faster than 101ish would you...
  17. Npark

Thanks big nasty. Mseth, I never thought about it that way but makes sense. Here's a pic of her after being picked up and without an engine yet...
  18. Npark

I haven't thought that far out just yet, as I don't have the boat in my possession and haven't even driven it lol. It's purchased along with the 280ss and we hope to marry them together here soon...that is if Brack doesn't convince me to sell him my 280 and keep his Mariner :-). I am inquiring...
  19. Npark

So can you blueprint the pad without shaving the lip?
  20. Npark

Interesting info on the Bullet vs Ally case/water line as well as what the lip does on the Ally. Never quite understood it's purpose, thanks. I guess that's why you hear that Ally's like to run flat. This is all good info on the running dynamics, I appreciate it. You are right about the...