Search results

1. Baddog merc

2003 SS2000 for sale Muskoka

Yes it is still for sale. 24k for whole package
  2. Baddog merc

2003 SS2000 for sale Muskoka

Morning Gang, Due to unforeseen circumstances I will have to sell my very favourite toy. Speed limits coming to my small private lake and wife won't let me sell the cottage. Boat is a wonderful example of what an allison should be. 2003 Merc. racing engine 160 original hours on it. Racing lower...
  3. Baddog merc

ran the same prop all year

I ran a Hoss 29 on mine all year and found it great at speed but was only running 6400 at 96mph. trying to figure out how to get up to that 6700 range with the opti 200xs . 28 chopper ??
  4. Baddog merc

cold weather and gelcoat on Allison boats...

I am going into my first winter with mine but it will be in a drive port sides wrapped with tarps ( my wife loves the idea)
  5. Baddog merc

cold weather and gelcoat on Allison boats...

mine took a bit of a beating this year due to constant sun on it ( went away for aug. came back and kids had never put the cover on it) any suggestions on how I can get the shine back on it or at the very least protect it ? Thks JK
  6. Baddog merc

2002 ss2000

Got it to 93 this weekend. Felt pretty good. Hit a bit of rough water and it got a bit scary but I think I have it figured out. Thanks to all of you for talking me Through the process. I am still driving with 40lbs of sand in back left
  7. Baddog merc

my walking ss2000

Yeah been logging some seat time and now it’s exprumenting with trim. Loving the boat. At first I was hating it. Reading for the bigger prop. Comfortable at 74mph but am at 6500 rpm
  8. Baddog merc

my walking ss2000

Y e
  9. Baddog merc

2002 ss2000

yeah I agree had some reasonable progress this weekend to 73 mph. Slow and steady wins the race. Trouble feeling when it goes up onto the pad and just the finest trim seems to make it walk
  10. Baddog merc

2002 ss2000

Morning, Another question. I am running a 4 blade 24 right now and have finally started to get the hang of the boat. Can drive it comfortably at 74 but if I just touch the trim boat starts to get squirley ( not sure if that’s a real word) anyhow I am up at 6500 rpm which seems high. Should I...
  11. Baddog merc

2002 ss2000

Not above ,3/4 up on the jackplate. I may not not be the smartest guy out there but i sure aint crazy. Never even heard of this "rebook" As mentioned i will try the 40lbs of sand in the passenger side. Appreciate all the replies it seems to come down to seat time and small increases in speed...
  12. Baddog merc

2002 ss2000

Agreed i really like the feel of the boat and it looks very different with the race cowling. Don't see many of them up in my neck of the woods(130 miles north of Toronto canada)
  13. Baddog merc

2002 ss2000

Morning, Good advice from all of you , I don't doubt for a second it is my driving and lack of seat time. Only had it since July 8th (49th b day). I will try the set up and heights you are suggesting. Should I leave the 29 hoss on or go back to my 4 blade 24 ? Mine has the sliding front seat, i...
  14. Baddog merc

my walking ss2000

Looking for help on chine walking, my boat is dangerously all over the place at about 56 and
  15. Baddog merc

2002 ss2000

First post so sorry if it sounds or looks weird I just purchased a mint condition ss2000 and have a couple of different props. running the original merc 200xs short shaft with a Hoss 29 3 blade. I know the boat is capable of some great speeds 85 plus I am told but I am walking all over the place...