Search results

1. S

Gas spring

What should the force be in the gas spring for the cowling of a ss2000
  2. S

SS2000 Prop Selection

What is a XR6 gear case? Coned - I suppose you mean a add on cone on a normal gear case? Ok, probably I have underestimated the difference between a 280 and a 200xs. I did not expect it to be a 12mph difference. This SS has been doing 98mph before with a 200xs gen 1, and maybe I should not...
  3. S

SS2000 Prop Selection

Any idea how much stock 200 would crank on the dyno as compared to the XS?
  4. S

SS2000 Prop Selection

For reference, this very boot has made 98mph before, with the same 30" Mazco David Shook used for his record. It was then pushed by a 200XS gen 1, 1.87 gear and about 6800rpm So the increase to 100 is not very substantial. If I can get a prop as good is a question. Probably not. However, I wanna...
  5. S

Mazco prop

When I find a second hand Mazco, do you know if I can see if it is produced in the good old days? Like a serial number below x or something.
  6. S

SS2000 Prop Selection

Anyone haveing any dyno data for the two motors? A 200XS should be providing 225 hp, which ofcourse is less than 280. Normally power increase does not dramatically increase top speed, but maybe an SS2000 is different. Reducing hydrodynamic drag is usually the efficient way of increasing speed -...
  7. S

Mazco prop

Sorry to hear. Seems hard to get second hand as well
  8. S

Propshop - where to buy hi perf props

Thank you
  9. S

SS2000 Prop Selection

Thanks for advice. But I guess peak power for the 200xs is below 7000, so maybe it would be better with higher pitch?
  10. S

Propshop - where to buy hi perf props

I have previously bought prop from Rich Junkers, LeadingEdgePropeller. Do you know if he is still in business? Primarily I am looking for a Mazco RE3. Where are they best bought? Direct from Mazco or maybe from some propshop?
  11. S

SS2000 Prop Selection

I have the SST ECU with a 8krpm rev limit. Do you know if there is also mapping differences from the ROS ECU? Sounds like a plan, to start the 100mph attempts with the 1.75. Long term I will likely sell one of the SM's when decided which is my preference. However, at this point there is a...
  12. S

SS2000 Prop Selection

Right, same boat, but different engine. I know aenas personally, and have almost daily discussions with him. He got to high 90's, I want to proceed into the 100's. I have bought a gen 2 with 2 SM's. Gen 1 had standard 1.87 ratio, the gen 2 1.75. The two SM's will need different prop pitch...
  13. S

SS2000 Prop Selection

Hmmm I would have guessed the opposite as the prop will spin faster with lower pitch with 1.75. Please explain why you think 1.75 will be faster.
  14. S

Mazco prop

I have FB messaged Mazco with no reply. Now I want to try emailing them. Anyone knowing their email address? Or any other chat client like whatsapp? I can call them, but I live in sweden and have a company phone, so I do not like to add alot of private charges to it.
  15. S

SS2000 Prop Selection

New on the forum, as I have been driving a Hydrolift T20 before, but now I have bought an Allison SS2000 Excel. I will rig it with a 200XS gen 2. 15" mid and sportmaster gearcase. I have to SM, with ration 1.87 and 1.75. What about prop? What Prop would be the fastest on this boat/motor...