Search results

1. G

Nice Mazco RE3 28

One of my buddies has asked me to try and sell his 28 pitch Mazco RE3. This prop has been sitting on the shelf for years since he sold his Cougar tunnel a long time back. It is a small shaft version. I am not sure what it is worth. If anyone is interested I will take some pictures.
  2. G

Question for JimmyB

Hi Jimmy Need a contact at Mercury that can tell me what stern drive motors can be equipped with silent choice exhaust. Specifically wondering about the 496HO and HP525 drives. Dealership can't seem to answer my questions! Thanks.
  3. G

How Long to Breakin a new 300XS

Anyone know how long the 300 stays in the breakin mode? We were told 10 hours, but we also heard the computer disregards some operating time and does not include it in the breakin cycle. I think idling and low speed operation is ignored. My buds motor had 7.5 hours on it when it was scanned at...
  4. G

Engine Hours

Can the dealer do a scan on my 97 225 Pro Max and tell me how many hours are on it? Would be a good selling feature on low hour engines.
  5. G

Anybody Ever Drive Their Ally Thru Ice?

Removed my GS from the boat house yesterday. Had to navigate thru a few minor ice floes on the way to the launch!!!!!!!!!!! Usually I can wait but this year I needed the boat out yesterday-leaving on a trip soon. Weird to hear that stuff crunching against the hull! (it was thin).
  6. G

Aluminum Cleaner

Is there anything out there that will take the corrosion-film off our jackplates etc in a spray on hose off form? Looking for an easy way to clean up the motor-jack etc.
  7. G

30 Lightning ET Work on a GS with a 225PM

Anyone run a 30 pitch Lightning ET on a Grand Sport? Going to borrow one from a friend and I don't know what to expect.
  8. G

Anybody interested in a Mazco 28RE3?

Buddy of mine has a real nice 28 Mazco RE 3 (chopper style) prop. Not sure if it works for anyone on the Allison board. To low a pitch for me as I have a 225SM.
  9. G

Question for Bad Bait

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the 250XS vs Pro 250XS? I am looking for a quieter motor than my 97 Pro max 225. Thanks.
  10. G

Anybody Running a 30 Pitch ChopperII

Just wondering if anyone's using a 30 ChopperII on a 225 Pro Max? If so how do you like it? What speed #'s and how's the acceleration? Are these 14" or 14.5"? What revs are you pulling? I am running a Grand Sport BTW. Thanks.