Anybody Running a 30 Pitch ChopperII

glassman

Just wondering if anyone's using a 30 ChopperII on a 225 Pro Max? If so how do you like it? What speed #'s and how's the acceleration? Are these 14" or 14.5"? What revs are you pulling? I am running a Grand Sport BTW. Thanks.

FLYING BUTCHER

One of the best props ever for a 225 Pro Max- when I had one on my 2003. My fat butt and boat loaded on the limiter at 94. Won't work well on a 260 or 280 but the ticket for a 225 and great hole shot also. Jaco said this was the prop to get and they were right. My 2 cents

fishnfireman

the fastest speed I ever ran with a 225 promax was on my old 2003.........with a Mazco RE3 30 pitch ------which is very much like the Chopper II.. however I used the RE4's which is just a chopper type prop with 1 more blade, for everyday running because they drove easier..

JR

Allison recommended the ChopperII for my 2003 hull and it is the best I have found [and I have tried quite a few].
I am going to try a 32" on my 225ss next to see what kind of number it will turn.
JR

glassman

Another question, do I buy the prop and hub separately now. Mine is the small shaft I think, the motor is a 1997. Thanks.

JR

I would change to the large shaft before the thrust washer stress applied by the normal Allison surface running snaps the small shaft and costs you a new prop [like mine did].
If you don't change shafts, you'll need to purchase seperately the Flow Torque insert for small propshafts since the new Merc Racing Props come with the large insert.
JR

white03

Glassman,

I have an absolutely beautiful Chopper II, 30 pitch, Jaco's cut prop that I decided to sell yesterday. It has the flo-torque hub so it will fit either a small or large shaft. The Jaco's cut was put on by JC in Killen, AL. JC also balanced and blueprinted it. The prop was new, never used when cut by JC and has less than 2 hours of run time on it. It has a custom finish on the blades. There is over $1000 invested in the prop but I'll make you a good price if you are interested. The only minor flaw in the prop is I ran it aground on a sand bar. This resulted in some small dings on the leading edges that I used sand paper to sand out as best I could. They are not bad and the prop is still beautiful. I can send pics to you or anyone interested. If you live around N. Alabama you can run it before you buy.

By the way, the reason I'm selling it is I can not spin but 7200 RPMs with it on my 280. I need more RPMs and, at even with to 1/2 inch above the pad, 7200 is all I can get