Search results

1. T

225 Promax Starter Stays On

Here's how I used to test the in-lines: Disconnect the battery. Check across the battery and starter motor connections to the solenoid. If you have continuity the solenoid is stuck engaged and needs to be replaced. You might try tapping the solenoid gently with a screwdriver handle, sometimes...
  2. T

Small Allison wanted

Take a look on Scream and Fly. There is a 13' for sale, needs complete rebuild. Asking $400, good price!
  3. T

xr2002 rear flat fairing

Please post picture, I would like to see it! Thanks, .....
  4. T

How To Clean An Older Gas Tank For Painting

What's the best way to clean an old five gallon gas tank so I can put a coat of paint on it?
  5. T

Chipped Skeg... What to do?

Having done lots of them on older Mercs I can tell you it is faster to just cut with a fresh hacksaw blade than it is to go find a bandsaw. Only takes a minute or two. Have fun!
  6. T

brake dust

Just Went through This On My Truck What I found out is that if you have metalic disc brake pads you are going to get brake pad dust, usually a lot of it even when working properly. When I did my last brake job on my Dodge truck I switched to ceramic brake pads, minimal cost difference, no more...
  7. T

Allison red book

Anyone know if the new Allison Red Book is available yet? Would be cool if it was available on line in pdf format.
  8. T

Prayer request

Adding my prayers and wishes to your son for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
  9. T

Yamaha SHO 4-stroke 505 pounds

50 Horsepower For 53 Pounds Oops, I did look at the wrong model. OK, let's look at the F300 offshore. Same 4.2L, presumably the same block, same compression ratio, same DOHC, weighs 53 pounds more than the VMAX SHO and has an additional 50 horsepower. Got to be a way to clone that additional...
  10. T

Yamaha SHO 4-stroke 505 pounds

Yamaha Specifications Looked up the specs on the Yamaha website. Shows weight as 558 pounds. Only available as 25" and 30". OK, so someone needs to make a 15" or 20" mid for these and a turbo, then things will start to get interesting!
  11. T

14 Allison

I had one of those when they were the boat to race in family E. Had a Merc 50 HP, ran mid fifties. Always thought a four cylinder 80 would have been a great engine. Then, a six cylinder wouldn't weigh much more than the four cylinder. Hmmmmmmm.
  12. T

Cataract surgery tomorrow morning

Quick and Easy You'll find the surgery to be quick and easy. As mentioned just follows your doctor's post surgical instructions and you will be fine and back in your boat before you know it! Give us a follow up post to let us know how your doing. OK?
  13. T

250xs on a ss2000

MAD EFI Housing Isn't there a MAD EFI drive shaft housing that would convert a 250XS to a 15" mid AND a 2.5 lite ratcheting gearcase? Seems like that would bring the weight down and solve the ratcheting gearcase problem. Now, throw in a little Eric Simon magic on the powerhead and look out world!
  14. T

Polishing a SM

Try Flitz Metal Polish. Here's a link to a Scream and Fly thread about Flitz. Let us know how it works! http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128045
  15. T

Need a good glue for Trailor

You can go to any auto supply store and get a tube of 3M windshield adhesive, works great. You could also try any contact cement such as Weldwood which would also do the job.
  16. T

XR-2002- Classic

Can anyone comment on what the main differences are speed and handling wise between an XR2002 and a SS2000? I have seen a very nice condition XR2002 for sale for about $6000, might be worth a further look.
  17. T

My New Drag...Pics

3.5L? Yikes, sounds good to me. Tells us more about the basic engine. Even built as a lake motor it sounds like a handful. Sam mentioned new crank and pistons, what's that all about? Three liter based engines are going to rule, sounds like you are headed for the top of the pile...
  18. T

Can We Do This To Reduce Gas Prices

Federal refining and gas stations wouldn't help very much. The oil companies only make about 8-10 cents per gallon. State and federal taxes add up to anywhere from 20-60 cents per gallon. In California the specially formulation to meet California state requirements adds another 20 cents or...
  19. T

1985 xst setup question

BEFORE you raise your motor, buy and install a good water pressure gauge. Trust me, they are significantly cheaper than rebuilding your powerhead!
  20. T

Your First Allison Experience?????????

My first Ally was in 1967, had a 14 footer with a Merc 50 that ran about 50 MPH in Sports E Wildcat racing in Canada. I lived in Illinois at the time, drove to Tennessee to buy the boat, then went 100 miles north of Toronto Canada to go racing, all non-stop. Put the boat in, drove to the far...