1980 Allison Bass Boat

yellowbull

Just ran across a add for a 1980 Allison Bass Boat for sale. I have not got in touch with the owner yet and I don't have a clue what 1 looks like. Do any of you have any pics of what style this may be? I've been kind of looking for a project and this might be right up my alley.
Thanks, Dion

K.Kiser

It's probabaly an XST style, which has the old "re-curve" bottom with a pad... They were about 17'10" I think, approx 700 lbs and very fast... Untouchable for the day and still faster than anything else but the newer style Allisons, no excuses they will flat out haul arse... I think most if not all had no carpet, huge livewell for the day, and a somewhat more centered console than a standard Basser... First Bassboat to go over 100mph, and they'll perfrom great even with an inline or V4... Mt Dad had one with a tired 2.0 liter 150 Merc when I was a Kid, and it would probabaly run well on up into the 70's with a 26 pitch stock Chopper... I'd love to have another one if it were straight and solid, and a modern V-6 would be perty snappy on one... Click on the "ALLISON" link at the top of the page, and go to "older Allisons"... I think there is a good pic of Andy Cobbs boat right toward the top of the list on the left side... Nice example Andy..

Last edited:

yellowbull

Still have'nt been able to get in touch with the owner. Must be out of town or something. Thanks for the help so far though.
Thanks, Dion

Look under Allison Owners Stuff on this site and there are some pics in the 1979-80 brochure. Excellent boats and getting hard to find. I have a 76 XST that is still almost like new. As was already mentioned they will run very well.

A fn Noob

Look under Allison Owners Stuff on this site and there are some pics in the 1979-80 brochure. Excellent boats and getting hard to find. I have a 76 XST that is still almost like new. As was already mentioned they will run very well.
I'd like to see some pictures of that boat!