1987 XTB-21 Livewell Hoses

BigJ

Probationary User
New Ally owner here! I purchased 87 XTB that I want to get back into prime fishing shape. The live well inlet holes were sealed close with silicone and while attempting to remove the silicone a large amount of silicone fell into inlet hose. I disconnected the hoses from the pump side and connected a garden hose attempting to push out the silicone and to no avail. It was then that I discovered the reason that the holes were sealed. The live well hoses have leaks and/or are not properly connected to the inlets filling up the boat with water. The only way I can see to get to the inlets is to take out the gas tank. Has anyone replaced the live well hoses before and does it require removal of the gas tank? My son is on his schools bass team and we have a tournament in October, so I have time before it needs to be fully functional. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW this is the fastest, funest, and most exciting "Bass Boat" I have ever driven!

BigJ

Probationary User
Spoke with Bill @ Allison and he was extremely helpful. He told me that the gas tank must be removed and that I was lucky since I have a metal tank. Not sure if I am lucky, but I will take it. Hope this little bit of info will help the next person...

SLOmofo

Do it once, do it right. Maybe replace everything underneath just because. I know in my XB2003 to remove the plastic tank even the edge molding had to come off just to get the tank thru the opening. Even then it wasn't easy to pull it thru. Murphy's law!