1989 Grandsport

ziemer

I think it was either 90 or 91. Maybe it's a 90 with a stamp date of late 89.

boater454

Probationary User
I bought it a few hours ago. I'm excited to get it all cleaned up and ready to go. It is stamped '89. I'll post pics in the restoration area.

J

John Richied

I have the original brochure for the Allison XS-2003 Grand Sport.

There is a boat in it that looks identical to the one for sale, the GS boater454 just bought.
Maybe it was the original or one of the original Grand Sports? It wouldn

whipper

Good point John. Just like the 24ft GS. When that comes into perduction in 2017 every one will think that was the first year untill the one he built in 07 comes up for sale.:laughing Cool if you have one of the proto type boats!! I would call Darris and ask him about the number and maybe he could tell you more about her. He has every serial # on record from way back. He would be able to tell you the original colour what seats were in her and more offf the #.

boater454

Probationary User
Yeah I double checked HIN and it ends in 89 and it's an XS-2003. The only other date I can find on the boat is the fuel tank sticker which says it was manufactured in 1992? So unless the tank has been changed or the HIN altered (but it doesn't look like it and why would anyone make a boat older than it actually is?) I don't know. I'll call Allison this week and see if they have any idea.