1997 Xb2003 gearcase selection

Jordstep3

Probationary User
Hello all, recently purchased an xb03. By no means new to performance boating, but I am new to owning an Allison. My boat has a stock 20” F block 2.5 200 with a coned 200 lower.. Whoever coned the lower unit did a shotty job and the epoxy/bondo is beginning to chip off. So my question is what would be my best lower unit to replace what I currently have with? My foot can be repaired but would rather replace at this time. Thanks!

Bill Mason

Sportsmaster but they are hard to find and are pushing $3000. Get yours fixed. Common problem but that is a lu. My two cents

have fun be safe

resqu-u

A sport master would be my first choice but there are a few guys that can do a nice coned case. My vote on that would be Jason Wolf down in Fla. I think he is on here.

GotMyAlly

Sportmaster would be my first choice too. Otherwise, I'd send one to titus, assuming he's still in the business.

JOEALLY

Miller Hunt worked for and was trained by Titus and then he and his family bought Titus out. My son dropped his 3.0 TM case at Miller's place today. His shop is in Killen, AL.

Jordstep3

Probationary User
Thanks everyone, got mine patched back over to get my by for now. Will be taking it to Wolfe as soon as my work schedule allows!

David Lanham

Good tip that I learned through out the years is to store an epoxy coned case in a heated area during the winter months. This will minimize the epoxy bubbling condition.

And for my two cents, I prefer a coned case over the SM.

Billy

Miller Hunt @ Doghouse Prop Service in Killen, Alabama does excellent work. JOEALLY mentioned Miller in a post on August 8th. He has done 2 for me for fourstroke mercs and I could not be any more pleased. One is on a 225 and a 21 pro sport. The other is a XB 2003 and a 150 pro xs. Both drive and handle great either cruising or at speed. By the way, Miller is a really good guy to do business with.