2 + 2 vs 2 seater. My take and setup/speed questions on the 2 + 2

twsykes

So, I purchased a 2 + 2 and already have the 2 seater so here is my take.

The 2 seater has tons more front deck as the 2 + 2 puts the fishing rods more at your feet and the rod storage on the 2 + 2 is odd but cool if you get use to storing them there and I think the locking is better. Tackle storage on the 2 + 2 is tough on the front deck because u either have to stand up if you put tackle in the center or you have to remove your rods to access tackle if you put in the on the left or right. One odd thing with the front center console is that you can't put the back tackle holders in the middle because the gas shock hits the side when trying to shut it with those boxes in the middle. I have not modded anything yet to make that work....

Overall the 2 + 2 is unique and definately seems to handle better overall than the 2 seater while the 2 seater is a beast for fishing I think with some mods the 2 + 2 could be as well.

Speed: My 2 +2 is running about 82 MPH and I think it has more (30 pitch with 162 gears). I am a little reserved on pushing this boat until I get use to it. You definately sit much further forward in 2 + 2 verses the 2 seater and the 2 + is a rocket out of the hole verses the 2 seater...

Any tips from anyone running the 2 + 2? Trim settings, CMC settings? from what I see right now the setup is very close to the 2 seater ie... cmc about 3/4 the way up and trim at about 7 or so.... I know each boat is different and I need to check the settings .... Just curious what you guys are running setup wise,.....

xb03fs

I have driven several 2 seaters on occasion but own a 2+2. I feel the boat is more responsive and gives better feedback than the 2 seater as the rearward seating position seems to give less feel to the driver.

I have 10" setback and run approx 1" above the pad 250 pro XS 1.75 gears I have negative tuck built into jackplate and trim to 8.0-8.5 depending on load, sometimes with really heavy load I will lower jackplate 1/4". heavier loads require more trim it seems.

28 promax 82-86 based on load
30 promax 90-93 based on load
32 promax 95 only run it light

twsykes

Thanks for the info. I had a chance to run the 2 + 2 the other day in clean water. I found that you definitely have to raise the plate much higher on the 2 + 2 than the 2 seater. I ran 84.2 but felt like I had a good bit left. Interesting that I had to trim the CMC up to about 3/4 up or more to get it to run. It definately has more room to roll for sure and I was still mid 20s on Water pressure. I am running 30P. I need to check RPM when I run it next.

xb03fs

You need to measure prop to pad. It is the best way to verify where your motor actually is. All motors are not mounted in the same holes.