michael lang

Tried to put a 99 200 efi on a 260 offshore mid all mounted hood don't fit hits coils a regulators moved regulators hits coils do I need aleon coal or is there a diff coil bracket? Its a 96 2.5 light factory hood

patches

Best way is to use the exh divider from a 260 or a Promax that relocates the could to the plate. I've done it with the stock 200 stuff by moving some things around but don't remember how I did it. Prolly 15 years ago

bullwhipjkg

think I had to dismantle the factory coil bracket and turn it around and reinstall all the coils it moves it in closer to the motor

michael lang

I guess I need and old style 2.5 exhaust plate and relocate the volt regulators but for just put the 260 on til I get the ext. Plate just what to get the boat in the water.

BGohr

I think the coils fit inside the hood without the regulators behind it, the regulators are mounted to a plate on top of the exhaust cover, you'll need that bracket. The correct way is to use the 260 exhaust cover, with the promax regulator bracket

Dave Hensley

I think the coils fit inside the hood without the regulators behind it, the regulators are mounted to a plate on top of the exhaust cover, you'll need that bracket. The correct way is to use the 260 exhaust cover, with the promax regulator bracket
X2. Went through this and using the Pro Max mount was the way to go.