2000 mercury 225 promax

spd663

what would be the easiest and cheapest way to raise the rev limiter on the motor. i have heard that the stock ecu can be reprogrammed. thanks for all of the help.

h2oskiier30

I don't know about cheapest, but the BEST and EASIEST way is to call Brucato and get you a PCU/ACU on the way.

aaronmt

One way is rapair,but ive heard some horror storys on them.I have a 225x with a simon raised limiter and flywheel and it works great. Im not sure if he does them for yours.The turn around on mine was a day.Certainly worth given him a call.Erics agreat guy to deal with.Aaron

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Mine was done by rapair. It took three tries. It didn't burn down the engine though...

hirk

I have a Brucato ACU and it's been flawless,allows for raised limiter and fuel tweak.

whipper

Be safe buy the Brucato ACU,me or any of my customers have NEVER been disappointed with Brucato's products and or services...

My .02
Jay
I agree. I have the Brucato ACU and its as first class unit and so is Tony and his wife.
Mines set for 7500 Limit but i dont run small enough props to get that high. 25 up to 30 pitch props. Ill tell you running a 25 with 1.87 gears to over 7000 from the stock 6750 makes ya feel like you got a new motor. Jay did some 33cc heads last month for me and the combo realy rocks and is good value for the 225,s on an Allison.

pickwickangler

Definately go with Brucato. Customer service is unreal and their boxes really aint that high compared to the $500 it will take to get rapair to do a 10 minute program on your existing unit :rolleyes: