2001 Promax 200 - What's it worth

THutch

I found a 2001 Promax 200. No compression test yet but is said to be in strong running condition with very limited hrs for its age. Alien cowl (A+ condition), CLE lower. Comes with hydraulic steering, blinker trim and hot foot controls. It is attached to a boat but I'm not interested in the boat. What do you think the motor including steering system and trim are worth? I figured I'd find an Allison to put it on in the next couple of years.

Freebird

For what it's worth, I just sold a 2000 225 Pro Max for $5K. Factory alien cowl and CLE, but it did have some electrical gremlins which I assume would be voltage regulators. Worst case scenario it would have taken regulators and a stator. Just one of those deals where it worked out that I had somebody who wanted the motor about the same time somebody else wanted my boat. Made some earlier decision real easy as to what to keep and what to sell in terms of motors. I saw the motor back up for sale for $6K due to some change in plans from the guy I sold it to. Very low hour motor that had never been apart. Kinda doubt the electrical issues have been addressed as it was never mounted on another boat.

Freebird

Thanks Freebird. That is about what I was thinking. I'll post a picture if I get it.
No problem. If you have an interest in my old motor, I'm guessing you could probably pick it up for what I sold it for. It's just outside Knoxville, and I can PM you the guy's name and number. Again, I didn't sell it because there was anything wrong with it. I just had 2, 20 footers, and one needed to go. I would have kept that motor if somebody had wanted the 200 XRi that was on the other one.