200XS props

Lotus 50

I am very happy with my 200XS. But it does not work well with Trophies. No complaints on top speed with either my 26 or 28 Trophy. But slow off idle, especially with passengers. Over hubs work great.

When I had a promax, I ran with the vents plugged and a ring to fill the gap between the hub and the bullet. Even with all vents open and the ring removed, the XS seems to bog a bit with Trophies.

Is this just me?

ROBERT CROSS

I am very happy with my 200XS. But it does not work well with Trophies. No complaints on top speed with either my 26 or 28 Trophy. But slow off idle, especially with passengers. Over hubs work great.

When I had a promax, I ran with the vents plugged and a ring to fill the gap between the hub and the bullet. Even with all vents open and the ring removed, the XS seems to bog a bit with Trophies.

Is this just me?
Nope....I sold our 24 TP after running it with the XS.
The Hydromotive 14 1/2” X 25R QIV X OT Round Ear is much better.

Bob

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you have an offshore mid? I’ve never had a problem coming out with a trophy. I have a worked 26 trophy and had a worked 26 hydromotive and the trophy ran circles around it.

Lotus 50

The 200XS mid vents some exhaust. It has small holes. Between that, the 650 rpm idle, and 1.75 gears, I think it needs slip off idle. But that is just a cottage guy thinking.

ROBERT CROSS

^
Yes....I blocked some holes with the TP but opened back up with the 'Round Ear', it's really only for hole shots, the 26 &
28 Q4's for cruising & TE.

GotMyAlly

I think with that mid, you're going to need bigger vent holes on the prop hub or an over hub prop. Semi- clever props like the quad iv-ot mentioned above will spin up faster too.

My 225x was like that. Never had the low end torque of a pro max, but would run off and leave one on the top end.

Jon

Supporting Member
I ran a 28 trophy on my 200xs, and it didn’t have much punch. I sold the boat to resolve the issue.

Lotus 50

I have a 24 drag 4 which will run just over 80 quickly. A lot of days it’s to rough to go that fast. A 26 Mazoo RE4 that I hope works well for touring with a boatload. A Hoss 28 Triton and a Hydromotive T4X to go fast. All plane better with a load then the Trophies I sold