2021 war rally

fastglass1

How is everyone doing? For the most part, I had a great summer. Lots of time to fish and the boat was running great. Also played some golf but not as much as years past.

I guess some good news is that I got a job toward the end of October. It is a temporary contract for 3 months but could also get extended. Not sure if I want that to happen or not.

The Governor is working on locking us down again. It started out as a 14 day "Pause" and is now like 30 days. Also added a 10:00 PM curfew. Not sure I like the sounds of that, but really does not affect me as I am in bed at 9:30 PM. LOL

Hope all of you are doing well and we can have a rally next year.

O'Brien 21

Well last day of 2020 Thank God! What a year I am distancing here at the lake and only leave to get groceries & BEER! I've been out on the lake tied up to shore for about 2-3 weeks at a time and upgrading the solar and just watching nature. The Squirrel is doing fine running on all 4. Do you think that I put an Allison sticker I could get another 2 MPH? I stripped off that big windshield, took off the trolling motor so now it screams but another 2 would be great! Julie, I now carry a spare FULL tank of gas. Darn, don't want to be stuck on the lake alone with you again.

Take care you guys (& gals)

Alli (corn dog) and Gene

West Coast Bull

Don’t untie your houseboat just yet, the world is entering the twilight zone! How much beer and dog food can the sea squirrel hold on a trip?

fastglass1

So to get ready for the 2021 fishing season, I have been doing a lot of work on the boat. It started out as a simple effort to find a leak and put a stop to it. It turned into a major project. Removed the gas tank, replaced 2 pumps, replaced 2 valves, replaced the bilge pump float switch, replace any hoses that appeared to be a problem (about 3 feet worth). This also forced me to do some rewiring around the battery area and along the back of the boat. Also replaced the gas tack sending unit and replaced the gas gauge. Replacing the gauge was probably a mistake as it lead to rewiring some of the switch panel and area under the dash (which was a mess to start with).

I documented a lot of this over on BBC. If you are interested here is a link. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1093219

fastglass1

Still nearly 100 feet down. I would think it might get to 40 ft down unless we get a lot of rain.

fastglass1

May need to go somewhere other than Shasta. I know some don't like Clear Lake but I would enjoy going there.

fastglass1

In 2019 the lake came up 37 feet between the end a February and Mid-May. In 2020 it only came up a foot. Currently it is just under 100 feet down. Even if it comes up 30 to 40 feet, it is still going to be really low in Salt Creek. Might have to go to Bridge Bay to launch.