2021 war rally

O'Brien 21

There are a couple other places to launch on the Sac arm. Packers Bay, public, and Sugarloaf Marina. Packers has a huge parking lot. Packers would be the best for Gary, they have handicapped facilities plus beer at their store. BB can be a ZOO!

fastglass1

So has anyone made reservation yet? I am thinking about going to Clear Lake the first part of the week and then going to Shasta mid-week. What are you all planning? Looks like Shasta will be very low but that does not hurt the fishing and running, just the launching.

G Allen

Got both my shots done I am coming out for sure for the week, If there is a lodging shut down, great, I have a 4 season tent and killer camping gear if I don't get a nice used truck bed camper in time for my new to me 8 foot bed 2015 Ram dually 3500 4wd. I'll set up in the woods or on an island if I end up having to solo, I would do Trinity and Shasta. Have already slept several times with backpack gear on the floor of my XTB. I owe revenge on Shasta for the rainout. The salmonids are going to suffer losses. The most elusive big pig bass will not be safe. Speaking of Clear Lake, a fishing friend of mine recently retired from SLC fire chief to becoming the brand new Fire Chief for Clear Lake. He's a tournament bass fisherman and by the time I get there he will have the lake wired. He has already found the 2 pound slab sides in abundance there besides billy bigmouth. I would love to divert there early or late in the trip. So many places, so little time!

In the first on the block category... again...I am taking delivery of a Fifish V6S on the 16th.

I will find those 40 pound trout at Flaming Gorge this summer if I don't break it doing some freakin idiot rookie move. It will be coming along on the trip, should be some giggles on unfamiliar water. Why spend that amount of money on a 12-15 inch screen fish finder that sort of shows the fish and your presentation when I can swim with them instead?

Am looking forward to the fellowship of the most gnarly ones...our awesome crew and hopefully some new additions. Badassity at it's finest... Western Allison Owners! Hoooboy!

Last edited:

G Allen

I'll have to order their special hook to put on the robotic arm so I can clip a snap on carabiner at the end of a steel cable to the fairy hook on the back of his shirt and yank him back up while consuming adult beverages and other unnamed items.

O'Brien 21

Boy Alli & I had a great Non-War 2021! Just worked on the HB and prayed for rain! Thinking about powering up the squirlle girlie

fastglass1

Well it looks like i am the only one here, sort of. I am stay in Lakehead at the Shasta lake motel. Much better price.

Only here until Wednesday. So far the fishing is good. My buddy got a 2.8 lb spot and I got a 4 lb CATFISH.

Wish you all a good 2021. Hopefully we can have a rally next year.

Ally03 200xs

WAR Fall 2021

What are everyone's thoughts of having WAR in September at Delta? We were talking about an AirBNB or renting a house in Discovery Bay.

DONNY

wuzzz up you all. i am in for what ever let's try to plan somthing?

O'Brien 21

Wanting to repower the squirrle girlie-----anything 90 to 120hp??? can't wait to dance on the non-pad hull LOL

fastglass1

Sounds like fun.

What's everyone else up to?

I have been working and on weekends, fishing. Getting close to 400 fish boated this year. I have also done a lot of work on the boat. Working on the actuator for raising and lowering the hole shot plate. Just about got it but need to move the top mount up a bit higher as the plate will go down to far and block water to the prop.