225 pro max powerheads???

tharris003

Went to Seminole today to fish my first tournament in my xb2003 and slung a Rod or something through the block, big hole in side of block and pieces of metal all in pan. Any ideas on who might be able to rebuild if possible or where to get powerheads, if possible I need a three week turnaround.. any ideas???

jeffk2

I would check with paul nichols, nichols outboard. great guy

Mark Savage

I sure hate that about your motor, but it was really nice meeting you saturday, your boat looks great, do not see many other A-boats on seminole. You might want to check with Wayne Duke, in lake city,( Waynes's Marine 386-752-2665), about a motor, he might be able to help you.

JR

I had a factory new Pmax powerhead shipped to me in less than a week, at a great price from Jaco's Marine. I had Curtis at Lighthouse marine swap it and I was finished in less than two weeks.
JR

tharris003

Not going to be rebuilding now, Block is completely destroyed we got out large chunks of the inside of the block and peices of the ring from right behind the prop that fell through the exhaust not to mention all of the metal we found in the pan. Going to go with a new powerhead now from Mercury with one year warranty for $4,600 plus shipping.

The guy who sold me the boat tinkered with the motor, he disconnected the temp sensor there were quarters with small holes drilled in them in place of the thermostats and a couple of other reasons is why it ran hot, Thanks for all of the information that ya'll shared....

Mark, Same here I enjoyed meeting you Saturday, never thought I would bump into an Allison owner over there. Your boat looked good too, my sister liked the checkered flag scheme on the side.. I had thought of Waynes been there before with my friend he is the one getting me the powerhead. Next time I head over your way to Seminole I'll look you up..

Tommy

John S

What does that include? Im assuming just rotating assembly, less electrics, starter? That isnt a bad price, considering what you hear the 280, drags going for. Good luck

tharris003

When back to mechanic today it will be $4800 that is the rotating assembly I'll use everything else off old motor.

JR

By the time I was complete with my changeout, including new Powerhead, waterpump, oil pump/gears/hoses, gearcase seals, new temp sending unit and plugs, I had about $7300.00 in it.
I am over 500 hours since, and it is still running like a "Scalded-Dog".
Now if I can just keep the driveshafts from rusting out....
JR

fishnfireman

JR.
I noticed the shaft was looking bad when we changed the impeller a few years back. It only does it right down next to the impeller housing.. i cleaned it up real good.then, we sprayed the D-shaft with a good rust proof primer.

It seems to have kept the rust at bay !

JR

We were greasing my driveshaft which was useless, so this last time Curtis sprayed it with a chromate primer. When Jack had it off recently it still looked ok but the pits were already there from before.

The real problem is at the seal-lips, where it can't be painted.

We are looking at another Florida Keys or Tampa Bay vacation, so it will be left in the salt for several days.
JR

tharris003

Hey Mark,

Yes we got it on about a week ago, we ended up having to rewire everything as well. Everything actually turns on like its supposed to now. Still need to change out a few small
things on the motor, but it is running again now. Mike was super fast he had everything running in about 2 and half weeks, that was a fast turnaround for what needed to be done.