225 promax spark plugs

cdaallison

I have a 1999 225 promax ss that I have had since new. I have heard that plugs were expensive so since the motor has always started and ran great I have not even looked at the plugs until now. My motor has NGKBU8H plugs at $1.99 at the local auto store. They have lasted 4 years and have run great , what is the advantage of the more expensive plugs? Should I continue running the NGKBU8H plug or something else? I am thankful for this forum and really am impressed with my Allison. I boat in northern Idaho and have never seen another one up here. Mike

chad202

I just bought some of those for my 99 promax but haven't put them in yet. Jay Smith recommends those for your motor. I've been running the BUZHW which are platinum and expensive. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I will run the ones you are running probably in another month or two.

J

John Richied

I have been running the BUHW’s that cost a lot less then the BUZHW’s and found no difference in my 1996 ProMax… Since your 225 ProMax is a 1999 and a short shaft it may call for a different sparkplug?

Changing your sparkplugs at least every year is a good idea.:wink: