225X plus extra sportmaster lower unit

robert

This engine is a 2003 with a new power head with approximatly 62 hours on it. I bought it and it was on a 2005 Prosport XB21. I no longer need it as I recently purchased a 300XS and installed it on the XB21. The extra lower unit is a sportsmaster. The lower unit on the engine is a Bob's modified torquemaster. $9500,00 for everything.

If you have questions email me at crwill@cox.net. Thanks. Robert

robert

Just to clarify: I purchased this engine and boat with the new power head already on it. I don't know its history other than the previous owner assured me that it had only 60 hours on it. I drove it for just under 2 hours on Lake Mead, and decided to purchase the new 300XS because I didn't want a buddy of mine to finish ahead of me with his 250X. When he got wind that I bouth this engine, he went out and bought one. We haven't been on the lake together yet.

So the point I am making; this engine ran perfect; I just wanted to go faster, hence the new 300. Thanks guys. I am surprised no one has made any sort of inquiry. usually its a price issue.

Blueally XB21

Robert, just curious how the 300XS is performing for you? Been thinking along the same line myself. What is you top end, hole shot, etc. like.

I have had my 225X since 2002 bought it new. They are good durable and strong engines. Good luck.

Harvey

robert

Harvey,

I have not had it out for a few weeks. It is very hot on Lake Mead right now and I still have the balance problem with the two trolling motor batteries on the port side. So when I get up to 80mph, it lists. I can correct it with trim and steering input, but would rather have good balance without the bandaids before I go beyond that speed.

Thanks. Robert

p.s. The 300 XS is very impressive so far.

93allison

Just spun the bearing carrige on my torquemaster. Would you be intersted in selling the torquemaster only and if not hhow about the sportsmaster. If you would please let me know and give me your phone # and I will call you or you call me @ 843-385-1529.

thanks