23 Grandsport

LakeAnna

Last I heard it was on the "back burner" while they do whatever it is with molds for the gas tanks in the new bass hulls... One sure way to find out I guess is give them a ring-a-ding. I would sure hope they build something that can be sold for all these new 500lbs. motors. (sport boat of some sort).

whipper

I know its a pipe dream, but a 23' Grandsport "bowrider" option would be awesome.
Yes that and a small cuddy version. Maybe just a vee birth would be nice for an afternoon nap on those long days on the water. Darris said hes going to finish her. Just takes time for all his ideas to get patens finalized. The sterns going to be sorta like a tunnel in a way for zero chine walk. Much more receced motor well. The out side of the hull extends down on either side of the motor well alot compared to the cuent GS. One things for sure when she is ready for the market like all Allsion sport boats she will be one sexy looking 23fter im sure like all he designs. He wants the hull to maintain what the test plug could do at least 87 with a 225 promax but be able to accomidate a 505 lb motor well. If you look at the 21fters chines Ill bet theres some styling clues there. The chines and inside strakes are massive compared to other Allisons. Theres almost a chanell running down from the bow on both sides of the keel to trap air. Well just have to wait and see. My bet is three more years at the most?:big grin That gives me time to win the loto.

B HEBERT

Went to the factory a couple of weeks ago for the rally. Everything is on the back burner until the gas tank modifications are made. It's not only the tanks, the back deck has to be redone to allow for the fill spout and check valve. Every 2014 model has to have the new tank. He did say that the new 23 would have three configurations, bass boat, grand sport, and a flats style center console. That should be interesting.

whipper

Went to the factory a couple of weeks ago for the rally. Everything is on the back burner until the gas tank modifications are made. It's not only the tanks, the back deck has to be redone to allow for the fill spout and check valve. Every 2014 model has to have the new tank. He did say that the new 23 would have three configurations, bass boat, grand sport, and a flats style center console. That should be interesting.
Did he say she would be ready for 2014? Sounds awsome. Im not sure I wouldnt go bass boat or bay boat? I really miss fishing as much as I used to. Fishing out of the GS is OK just not the same. As long as she does 100+ with a 300 im in for one of the models.:beer:

B HEBERT

Did he say she would be ready for 2014? Sounds awsome. Im not sure I wouldnt go bass boat or bay boat? I really miss fishing as much as I used to. Fishing out of the GS is OK just not the same. As long as she does 100+ with a 300 im in for one of the models.:beer:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. He has to have the new tanks on the 21's ready for the 2014 model year. He didn't give a date for the 23.

BigCountryx

Allison is locked down tighter than the Auto Manufacturers when it comes to this Unicorn. I would love to see a spy photo of this big girl.

xb03fs

Not sure if a full 2 foot would even be needed, an additional 8 inches legroom for the rear passenger and 8 more inches of front deck and it would be one helluva family hauling fishing machine ....of course 10 and 10 would work as welll....no need to go wider

njj502

I can't wait...... my kid is 2.5 now and I think by the time he graduates HS this thing may be out.... :)