24 pitch chopper

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
What is the best cut of a 24 pitch chopper running it on a 2003 lite loaded with a 260? A hoss cut, Allison cut, Knob cut, et cut. Just so many different ways to cut a chopper. I run small rivers around here. A 26 is about the biggest wheel I really need around here. No where to turn something like a 28 or 30. I got this 260 now and I can turn alot more r's now. Figured a 24 would be really quick and run plenty fast enough on the curve coastal rivers.

ImbadBob

On my 2003 I had a 24 Hoss cut. It had a bit less rake and very little cup. The prop did not like weight in the boat. Running solo with 1/2 tank or less it was a beast. Great hole shot and mid range. With an unlimited ecu it ran mid 90's. The slip numbers were pretty big. I had to cruise about 6k rpm. The prop really didn't lock in untill it went past 7k.

froggy

KDawg,

If you have the $$$$, I'd recommend ordering a real Hoss, 4 blade, Hyperdrive in 24 pitch.

The blades are very thick and not likely to give you any problems plus the handling and acceleration will be superb.

Just my $.02

froggy

chad202

Froggy, I'm sure you have one or two lying around. Why don't you send me one to try. haha