27 trophy

hotfoot

Allison cut 27 Trophy with less than 10 minutes use. $300.00+ shipping. Does not include hub.

hotfoot

This prop came from Darris. I tried it on my 21 Bassport/250 XS. Top end is good at 91 on gps with me by myself and maybe 10 gals. of gas. Add a fishing load and partner and I can't hardly get on plane.

fishnfireman

It won't plane out good because it starts to spin ? Or because it's just to big of a pitch for your load ?

I know every 21 prosport and basssport guy I have talked to from Texas has had some problem getting the boat to lay over :!:
When you take off ---the nose comes up, the RPM's come up and just about the time it should bite and lay over, to go on. :arrow: ..........the prop will just spin.

hotfoot

I've got 2 plugs in , so it bites well and spins very little at all. It's probably just too much pitch for the load.

fishnfireman

Now you have me wondering if it will get my boat out of the hole.
I figure my boat is about as loaded down as your average serious team tournament boat can get.

I have a stock 26 that gets out of the hole good at Amistad which is where I would like to use the 27. Amistad is the lowest elevation I fish at
1200 ft.
What lake and elevation have you been running at :?:

Have you talked to Tim Hackney, who puts that Allison cut in Darris props?
To see if maybe he could make the prop a little better out of the hole.
I would sure like to have the prop from what Darris tells me... But if it wont get your Bassport/250 out of the hole.........I doubt it would do any better on my Prosprt/225 promax with a few mods.

Have you found a prop that does well on your rig?
I know the rest of us Texicans who have these hulls are still looking for the right prop

Thanks for any info...you have learned and I will be more than glad to pass on what we have learned about these new hulls.

regards Mike

badbait

Mike I have a worked 26 Trophy that was done by performance propeller and I can't quite get it to the 6300 limiter on my 2003/250XS loaded light. It runs 94.5 and comes out of the hole quite well. My prop runs more like a strong 27 than a 26. If your not already running in the nineties with yours you may be better off with a worked 26. The point being the 27 may be a little to much since your probably at least 300 pounds heavier than my 2003. I also have a stock 25 Trophy and it just plain rips out of the hole and bangs the limiter at only 85.6. I have know idea why there is such a big difference in speeds with only a one inch difference in pitch. I think I'll send the 25 off to the same people and have it worked for a high altitude prop.

fishnfireman

I bet your right.
The 26 I have is an older one that should have some better metal than some of these I keep hearing about flinging blades.

Maybe I should send it off to get it worked.
I just keep thinking if I get the 26 worked it's going to be right in the middle for what I need.
Figured it would take a 25 for hot summer above 4000 ft. then the 27 for going down to Amistad in the winter at 1200 ft.
However if the 26 will get me in the upper 80s I would be happy.

badbait

I think if I were able to measure the actual pitch of my 26 at the top trailing edge it would close to 28. I don't know if that was increased when the prop was worked of it came that way.

hotfoot

Mike the only lake I ran the prop on was Canyon. It's elev. is close to that of Amistad (a little lower I think). My load is certainly not heavy(around 550lbs for 2 people,tackle etc.)and when I tested the prop 10 gal. gas and livewell about 3/4 full. My motor is one of the first so rev limiter is at 5800+- and does'nt seem very strong at all. I have'nt talked to anyone about the prop. I put my 25 trophy back on and figure some day I'll just sell the whole rig. With the 25 the hole shot is ok and top ends at 84-86. I have no idea what the right prop is, but these 2 are not them on my boat. maybe a cut 25 would be better. I know the 27 is much easier to drive for what ever reason.

John

hotfoot

Sorry but I don't have a camera to put pic up. The only way you would know the prop has been run is the carbon. I'll throw in a flo thru hub for a small shaft still in box.

scott mann

prop

Be sure to include new FloTorq hub, it's a deal (per PM)
Call me at 903-780-4744 to arrange payment.
Scott