28 Chopper II offshore cut

Jay Martin

28 Chopper II offshore cut (SOLD)

I have decided to go ahead and move this prop, what I really would like to do is trade it for a Hydromotive Quad 4 O/T in a 26,27 or 28 pitch.
This prop is pefect in every way, I have double checked all measurements and every thing is dead on.

Last edited:

catfish123

What is the full history of the prop? Is it a Steve Smith cut, etc? Cut from Chopper II, etc? Thanks.

Jay Martin

It was born as a Chopper II and was cut by Steve Smith, I bought it from a guy in Alabama thinking I needed it for my Allison. Since I got it, I have corrected all pitch measurements, they where off here and there and have added a smalll amount of cup in the tips, the balance is perfect. Only reason I'm wanting to move is I don't care for the higher rpm holeshot, if I ran a Merc it wouldn't be so bad but I run a yamaha.

xb03fs

27 OT is a very nice fit on an xb2003 I am wanting a 26 to go with it...

catfish123

Has the prop been "thinned out" much during the build process?

Jay Martin

Just to clear something up, I run a stock exhaust system so this prop on my setup turns 5000++ RPM'S on holeshot.

whipper

Jay what speeds were getting from it at what rpm {and Motor} and how did it carry your hull? i love the 26OS but thought the 28 I tryed need what you did. A little more cup in the tips. Did that make a differnace if you tryed it before the tip cup and after?

Steve sure knows how to put a finish on a prop sure looks awsome!!:beer:

Jay Martin

I tell ya, the more the prop sits here, the more I look at it and the more I want this prop to work on my hull.

I never have ran it all the way out, holeshot is what I've been focusing on so the cup is what I've been playing with.

At first when I got the prop it had hardly any bow lift, since then I have added extra cup and both bow lift and holeshot have gotten lots better but not where I would like for it to be after testing this past Sunday, since Sunday I have done more cup work and am really excited about running it again, I have also re-pitched to a 29.

Motor is a 2.6 liter yamaha thats only good to 6500 rpm, boat is Allison XB2003.

I re-did the finish, It was a little flat when I got it. I think this prop may have been yours at one time, I got it from a guy in Alabama.

Last edited:

catfish123

Good......LOL.......that'll keep me from giving up either my 27 or 28 OT.

Jay Martin

Good......LOL.......that'll keep me from giving up either my 27 or 28 OT.
I'll still do a trade for a Hydromotive, I'm just kill'en time playing with the offshore. It gets better and better everytime I work on it, just doing small changes untill it gets to where I like it....