28" Quad IV OT

GotMyAlly

Anybody want to trade a 29" or 30" for my 28" Quad IV OT?

This is the prop I ran day in and day out on my XB2003. It's been labbed by Todd. Ran 92-93 every trip out on my 03/225X with a fishing load and 94 with a rally load.

It did develop a small hairline crack after running it on a termite boat at the rally last year. Todd fixed it and assured me it was good as new. Leading edges were cleaned up at the same time. I think I've only ran it one time since I got it back.

Was going to use it as a top end prop on my XB21, but it's not enough pitch. Before I send it back to Todd to bang some more pitch into it, I thought I'd check and see if anybody had a 29 or 30 and wanted to trade.

Neal

GotMyAlly

It was about 2/3 of the way to the tip on the leading edge of one of the blades as best as i can remember, but can't tell by looking at it now where it was at. It was my primary prop for years.....it was just the motor height of the bullet that caused the crack i believe (was also the fastest that bullet had ever ran by about 8 mph if i remember correctly). Todd told me he thins them a little more when built for Allisons than for Bullets for that very reason.

I bought this prop in 2004, first prop I bought after I got my XB03, besides the Trophy I got from the dealer when I got the motor. For a long time, this was my only prop. Even after I had some other wheels, I still ran this one 95% of the time. But on the 21, the X-OB is a better fishing prop and the OT is just a rally prop for light loads.

Allyfishing

Neal, How much ya want for it and does the cav ring come with it?
Thanks
Craig

Oh, and I know the ring is for reducing excessive slip but does it affect top end any in a negative way?

GotMyAlly

If somebody wants to buy it outright......

$400 and I'll cover shipping.

I can leave the ring on if you want it.

As far as I know, it has no affect on top end. But I just tapped it on there and haven't ran it since.

Neal

Allyfishing

:laughing 50 bucks??!! I get better posters than that all the time!! Besides, I don't drink lite beer!! :laughing

I have to see how much this motor repair is going to cost first. It could be anything from a couple bucks to switchboxes!! And I know how much they cost.

Allyfishing

You are going to love that prop! Had I sold mine in time i would have bought it. I need one to hit 90 and that one may have done it. But right now I have a 28P Merc Lightning ET that I hit 87.2 @ 7000+RPM's and I know with a bit of work and if I can grow some balz I may hit it.

Let us know how it works out for ya!!