280 ss trim gauge?????

Kerry Cordy

Can you guys help me with some suggestions on where I can buy a trim gauge for my new 280 ss. I took it out today for the 2nd Time and I just feel uncomfortable without the trim gauge. I just lose track of where I'm at. I don't want to make a mistake at 90 mph. FYI, I won my club Tournament today with my first 280 visit. I was 19th out. I love passing those guys up liked they are parked, and some are running 70 plus!!!!!

Thanks, Allen

resqu-u

Congrats on the win Kerry. If I'm not mistaken merc does not make a trim gauge for us with the SS mid. I run stainless marine manual indicator. The indicator is on the right side of my steering wheel on the little pad and the measure mounts to the left side of the engine. Here's a pic of how it mounts to the mid.

AMERICAN

Hey Allen
Congrats on your win..... Theres so much to say about that but for what you are doing the main thing is "DONT run with out one" get yorself a mechanical Trim...
Stainless Marine .. Tel 305 681-7893 .. Great people to deal with...

Last edited:

AMERICAN

On my GS from where the face place is to the actuator Im using a 14' cable...

Kerry Cordy

I spoke to Jerry. Tonight I will take a measurement and get 1 ordered.
Thanks everyone for the help and posting the cool pictures.

Allen

AMERICAN

Hey Allen
No problem... Jerrys a very nice guy to deal with....the indcators are not cheap but worth every penny..Im sure you will love it and it will also keep you from blowing over..lol..:help
Next you might want to look into buyin a Life Line or SRP vest........yet another thing you should not be with out...

Last edited:

SLOmofo

I changed my mind, I can help even though I have an OMCease. When I set mine up I have to be careful to check the adjustment so it doesn't over pull the cable and break the spring inside the dash unit.