280 transom saver????

Kerry Cordy

I tried my old swivl-eze off my 1996 225 super-mag 20inch and it does not fit my new 2005 280 ss. The one I'm talking about goes in the holes in the clamp bracket and then you lowered the motor and it came down and sat where the 2 nuts are on the mid section. So, does anyone have a source to replace or do I need to have a buddy try to modify what I have?? Thank you for the feedback. Allen

K.Kiser

I have one that was with my boat when I boat it, but I don't know where to buy a new one... A little off topic, but let me recommend not using a transom saver...

h2oskiier30

I don't think he's talking about the ones that hook to the back roller on the trailer. From the way it reads, he is using the kind that simply takes the pressure off the trim ram...like a Lock-N-Stow. I could be wrong, but that's the way I read it.

resqu-u

I only use my transom saver in the garage. It sits my sporty tooo low to the ground on my 15" PM. I use my factory flip tabs back and forth to the ramp but I'm only a mile away. Look on the AO's homepage in the Owner's Stuff for ideas on a homemade pvc support.

Bobalouie

Just have your lock n stow modified, that is what I have done, or you can have someone fab up a new one. There is one here somewhere on the board that someone fabbed up out of aluminum that looks pretty trick.

chad202

Get a 2x4 and paint it black. Put it crossways and trim down on it. Done.

Westy

Kerry,

All you need to do is have someone machine a couple of pins that fit the holes in the outboard bracket and will slip over the skinny pins on the lock-n-stow. That's what I did and it works great. I used large stainless bolts that we cut down on the lathe and locktited them on the stock pins.

jimbob88

A piece of 4x4. Auger a lil out where the 2 points will go against the block of wood & it squeezes down nicely. Paint it, burn your name in it, customize it anyway you want

RedAllison

Your SS has the offshore mid/ram on it so you don't need jacksquat. Trim it up to normal tow height and hit the road. DYNAMITE won't mess that ram up!!!

Screw anything else, you don't need it with the SS. :beer:
RA