5 props

skewby

yeah its all stock its my boat, 1999 efi... it has spent its life on a pontoon..... i put the the stock powerhead on a 200 mid that already had solid motor mounts and a coned 200 lower, then had to pull the powerhead again to put a 260 base plate and cowl. i still run 87 octane since it just has 124-125 compression. its my poor man hot rod. i call it the junk yard dog since we put it together out used stuff i could find (other than my powerhead i took of the toon)

skewby

dont no about impressive but scary .... the most it had ever turned was 6100 till we raised the motor. and that was a 26 chopper. but that was an inch and half or so below the pad. it was around 3/4 below with the run with the 30 drag

Iowafshr

Pretty high slip numbers. Wonder if they would go down if you raised it up more.

skewby

good chance still working on the set up. not had the merc. on very long and still trying to learn to drive, the big numbers are with rodger driving

Jay Martin

Pretty high slip numbers. Wonder if they would go down if you raised it up more.
That is a high slip %, My motor has 1.86's and turned 6300 @90.2 with a Hill Marine Eagle 4 (not stock) 30 pitch at 3/4 below. Not done yet, still testing...

skewby

jay i dont understand this slip stuff. just have some friends that are helping me to learn how to set up the boat and drive it. i have one of the hill signature 4 blade props that i tried. cant really say what i like at this point, mid 60's they all feel the same ( telling me i dont no how to drive yet...lol)

Jay Martin

jay i dont understand this slip stuff. just have some friends that are helping me to learn how to set up the boat and drive it. i have one of the hill signature 4 blade props that i tried. cant really say what i like at this point, mid 60's they all feel the same ( telling me i dont no how to drive yet...lol)
Set time and proper boat balance is the key.

If the Hill prop is stock then your in for a ride, they do not like an Ally until told to do so...LOL...But seriously, this prop has to be worked for it to run right on the Ally, So far and this is what I've been told, I am the only one thats unlocked this prop for the Allison hull, it was designed for the Bullets. They come with to much lift bow and stern...This is why I said "still testing" Wind conditions have been the worst, just waiting on the perfect day to raise it on up to even with the pad.

skewby

thats what billy told me, that it will have to be worked? but lent it to me to try something different, he has been working them and the guys he deals with love them on their ally's. i dont have much seat time in anything other than my pontoon, jon and my old ski boat boat friends that have run high high speeds in their ally's. but they run 260, 280's and modified motors. i just want to be able to drive tha junk yard dog...lol

Jay Martin

I did not know anyone else was doing them for the Ally's, guess I was lied to ...LOL...Billy who?

They do run good.

rmills280

true on the slip, but thats what the gauges were saying, think it could have been the wind getting under the boat but it is a drag prop also. i tried the 30 signature on my 03 /280 today and it was a ride, wouldnt take set at all so billy eaves is going to work it. the 30 drag needs a good home unless somebody wants to trade a ss for my 03.

Jay Martin

true on the slip, but thats what the gauges were saying, think it could have been the wind getting under the boat but it is a drag prop also. i tried the 30 signature on my 03 /280 today and it was a ride, wouldnt take set at all so billy eaves is going to work it. the 30 drag needs a good home unless somebody wants to trade a ss for my 03.
Are we talking about the same prop, The Hill Marine Eagle 4?

rmills280

it is a hill prop just says signature on it and it is a 4 blade, will get more info from billy when i see him next.

skewby

hey jay i am going to raffle one of these of at the knoxville rally. just not sure if i want to do a raffle, reverse raffle or silent auction. whats your opinion on wether it should a 3 or 4 blade, most seem to think a 3 blade?

Jay Martin

hey jay i am going to raffle one of these of at the knoxville rally. just not sure if i want to do a raffle, reverse raffle or silent auction. whats your opinion on wether it should a 3 or 4 blade, most seem to think a 3 blade?

I personally like the 4 blade even though the 3 is faster in most cases.
Will it be labed for the Ally's or stock?

skewby

just a stock prop. the winner will either have to have it worked or talk to billy about doing it. he was just a great guy to give me one as sponsorship for the rally. from what he said i think you and others are liking the 4 better than the 3. atleast after their worked

Jay Martin

That says alot about Billy...The Eagle 4 ain't cheap, I can sell you a Turbo TXP for what one of those props cost the dealer.

Iowafshr

Well roger I'll probably have to wait to buy anything until work pics up a little. Thanks for 24 though, and keep us posted on how the 150 runs.