85 XTB in Maryville on FB - not my boat

Jon

Supporting Member
Anyone know about this boat? Seems a bit cheap. Proceed with caution. I just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is looking, and to see if anyone has some background on it.

He does have pictures of the boat in his FB profile as well.

Seller:
https://www.facebook.com/stott.eric

Ad:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/126492538172626

For sale or trade for pontoon boat. 1985 Allison 21XTB. Definitely in good shape. Motor is a Mercury 2.4 Bridgeport with CLE foot with low water pickup, Stainless trophy prop, hydraulic power steering, blinker trim, 24v trolling motor. This is definitely a fast boat, if you don’t like going fast this is not the boat for you...

$6500

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpgpic 3.jpgPic 4.jpgPic 5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Supporting Member
I talked to the owner. He's had the boat for a year, believes it is a local boat, belonged to a Mark Wilcox in the area. Johnny's outboard went through the motor and rebuilt the CLE last year. Who knows, may be worth checking out for a good fishing boat.

Jon

Supporting Member
Looks like this sold. Has been marked as sold on FB. Did one of you end up with it?

Jon

Supporting Member
The only boat anyone needs is a jon boat. Everything else is just for fun.

Freebird

I owned the boat I think in 2000. It was light for an XTB. Had a 200 fingerport on it at that time.
If you owned it, it wasn't mine. Mine was actually one of the heavier (if not THE heaviest) XTB-21 they built. In fact, Glenn Reynolds discouraged me from buying it for that reason (had ordered a new one and was tired of waiting), but Darris assured me it wouldn't be much if any slower than a lighter one. In fact, he said that when testing the plug, it actually ran faster with some added weight. Sounds odd, but that's what he told me.

Freebird

Looks like my old boat i bought from Randy Register, if it is it was the 1st 21 footer.
View attachment 12819
Man, that has to be the same boat. I had that trailer built for it by Bill Davis. I actually had a friend give me a heads up on that boat but never went so far as to look at it in any detail. Seems like you can see that remote, pop-up spotlight that was mounted on the bow. That's the only distinguishing feature I can think of, and I never saw one on another XTB. I'm sure the seller could verify the HIN, but I would think anybody selling it would notice the HIN had a 001 in it.