95 xb-2002

waterqtr

I finally got my XB-2002, it's a 95 model. It's white & Gray but we'll probably paint the gray Black once I'm done with the inside. I've removed all the instruments and some of the excess wiring It's on an Alum, trailer that just needs a little polishing, adjustment to fit the boat a bit tighter and some steps put on. It had an Allison CMC hydraulic 5 1/2" plate on it that I'm trying to sell. I replaced it with a manual 4" plate. I do need another white bucket seat.

I'm in the process of filling in all the holes where the gauges were, front deck, shifter area, console & dash.

Here's some pics of the boat and the mess it's in now.

Thanks,
Chuck

Attachments

waterqtr

I'm all done except for a carpet kit and the switch panels. Mine's still good just a bit faded. Maybe a project for next winter... Here's some pics of it...

Chuck

Attachments

waterqtr

Well, I was bored today and looked what happened!!!!

Gonna order the seats & carpet 2-morrow!!!

I'll update the finished product later...

Attachments

Last edited:

waterqtr

Just about finished... You're right, new carpet make it look like a new rig!!!
As soon as it quits raining and I can drag it outta the garage, I'll post some pics...

waterqtr

You'll like this story... I was thinking of getting wheels to replace the std galv spoke that was on the trailer... One day, my wife said: "what's wrong with your wheels"? They look, awwwww.... That's all it took...I was sitting at a red light one day and thought they would look good...Took em' off an Explorer in a junk yard....

Appreciate the comments...

Got side tracked and bought a 15" mid for it... Now in in the middle of two projects...

Chuck

andre

Thats what i thought, i have a ford truck and thought those would look good on a trailer. Nice job on the boat

waterqtr

Here's a few pics of my new 15" Mercury Twister... It's the ole school cowls I've always liked. It's a Mike Nass Carbon Fiber cowl & skirt with one of a kind decals...

Hopefully it'll be sunny soon and I can get some better pics, the carbon fiber is awesome looking when the sun hits it. Mike does great work and is super easy to work with.

Chuck

Attachments

Last edited:

waterqtr

Thanks, Erik... Ive been working for a long time getting it all together, glad it's almost done. Now that it's 50 degrees, I'll have to pick those few sunny days to enjoy it...

waterqtr

Thanks for the compliments...

If I were at Mercury and was tasked to build a race motor today, this is how I would do it...
I think of it as a resto mod outboard, old and new!

Chuck