A few Bucks

RedAllison

MAN that lil 10ptr in the 3rd pic, THAT is the kinda buck you wish you could protect for the next 3-4 years. He's for sure only a 1.5 year old with that spindly lil ol body and pronounced features. THATs the kinda headgear that'll become a OH MY GOSH buck if given a few more years.

The 1st and 4th pic show something typical of our area. Looks to be a big 6ptr running with the group. From his full frame and muscled up body he looks to be 3.5 yrs old. We tried to shoot that gene out of the herd on my step-fathers place in Fayette County, TN. I mean HAMMERED those old 6ptrs anytime we saw them for 10+ years. Even on 2500 acres we never got rid of them. They are bad for a herd. The food they consume obviously goes to their bodies instead of rack production. Plus with that kinda rack/frame and large body they can do quite a bit of pushing around on other bucks and get quite a bit of breeding done. :mad He needs to be busted first time he saunters by!!! :punch

So Bigwheel, do you have permission to hunt on that land or do you just hunt and run on it??? :LMAO:
RA

pickwickangler

So Bigwheel, do you have permission to hunt on that land or do you just hunt and run on it??
:embarassed Ok you caught me. I kinda got permission :argue Dude said he wouldn't say anything if he caught me :confused: He worries about this crazy neighbor that be shootin at folks and threatning folks. I told em he aint got the nads to threaten me and I could put a end to his crap but never the less he was worried about my safety. You can't tell in the pic but those are 7 pointers not 6, the are both missing a tine on the left side. I would love to let some of em go and obviously I can't whack all of em but they just clear cut all the surrounding land and if the owners knew about ANY buck over there they would set up camp. Some herds are smart and some are dumb, these are extremely dumb deer and are walking out in the fresh cutover during daylight hours with not a worry in the world. I would give anything to let that lil 10 go a couple of years but if he presents a bow shot then I can't say I won't take him.

Blue Gray in PA

I envy ya man! Nothing like that left here in PA - they all got shot thanks to Gary Alt and his "plan for the future". Oh by the way, he's officially a bear biologist and doesn't work in PA anymore but we're still stuck with the results of his plan. :(