Accident on Pickwick

GotMyAlly

Man I just hate to hear stuff like this. Especially when it is so avoidable with just a little common sense. July 4th weekend, there was a bad jetski accident at pickwick way back in Bear Creek. A guy was on a waverunner with his 9 year old daughter riding on the back and his 14 year old son following on another waverunner. They were way back up in Bear creek running the sloughs. Apparently they were running the channel which is lined with trees and when they went between two trees, he went one way and his daughter hit another. Both smacked trees head first. He was knocked out and his daughter died from head trauma. And his 14 year old son was right behind them and saw the whole thing.

hack02

There was a fatality close to here on Lake Alatoona over the 4th. A small cruiser was anchored for the night and broke free and drifted out and a boat running fast at night hit it. Both people in the cruiser killed. They still don't know if it had lights on or not, tore up too bad to tell.

JGray

Montana had a fatal boating accident the weekend before the 4th. I was visiting with two other guys at a restaurant/bar (accessed by boat only) on a lake near Helena. I had not met them previously, and left before them to fish until dark. Apparently they left shortly after I did and hit a rock in shallow water, tearing the keel and outdrive off their boat. The passenger went through the windshield and drowned, and the driver was fine. I unknowingly drove by the accident just at dark but did not see the sinking boat. I found out the next morning there was a fatality on the lake that night and that I was right in the middle of it and did not know it. I did not find out it was the two guys I was visiting with until almost a week later. I typically stay out until dark while fishing and have been giving this practice some serious thought lately.

Jerry

K

Kevin from FL

I hate these stories, sure makes ya think about things and how fun can turn bad real fast.

We lost David Skalicky Sunday at the SDBA races too.

Our prayers go out to all of the families.

JR

Bad News

There were two boater fatalities the week before the 4th at Silver Glenn. A couple did not wake up due to a monoxide leak from their generator.
JR

RedAllison

Man, Neal that just goes to show you how truly clueless alot of waterlice drivers are. I hate that happened, and the loss of a child is HORRIBLE. But if any good can come of it, the father "might" now realize that he is NOT playing with toys on the water. More than likely he will NEVER be back on one again. That's the biggest complaint I have with most jetskiers, they simply think that physics dont apply too their craft because of their small size. Runnin in the back of Bear, man thats rediculous, that place aint safe for ANYTHING on pad, much less an inexperienced boater like a 'skier.

In the early 90s my folks lost one of their brokers too an all to senseless jetski accident on Pickwick. Steve Bratkowski (yes his father was NFL great Zeke Bratkowski) was a young, promising and talented broker who had the life, the money, a condo right there on the water at Goat Island in Yellow Creek. But he and another guy got to drinkin and racin around on jetskis and did so at NIGHT! :eek: They were racing around the island in complete darkness and got seperated. Steve stopped to listen and meet back up with his buddy when all the sudden his buddy flew around the corner and ran straight over Steve, killing him instantly. I was selling real estate on Pickwick a couple years later when Mr. Zeke came down (believe he was working for the Eagles) to sell the condo. The loss and trajedy were STILL in his eyes and words even then.

Temporary kicks have permament affects,
RA

catfish123

We just lost 3 people on Raystown Lake in Pa about 2 weeks ago. A man and woman, 45 and 46, and their 5 year old son were killed. They hit a rock ledge at about midnight running around 50 mph. I had just left that very same area about 6 hours before the accident. Horrible in every way.