Allison cut Chopper II???

catfish123

I may have an opportunity to purchase an Allison cut Chopper II in a 28 pitch. The work was done in Soddy Daisy, more than likely by Billy Eaves. I run an XB2003 with a 225X. Have any of you guys run this prop and if so, how do they perform? How would you rate it against a regular Chopper II or an ET Lightning? Thanks.

chad202

I say get it. it will be a good fishing prop. Carry a load better that you ET. It will hook up better on the bottom.

xb2003

Somebody had a good post on the old board about them. All I remember is that they said they couldn't get it to blow out.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
That was me on the old board about that. The 28 AlliCut is an awesome prop, it has great lift and load carrying ability and is what I called "the poor man's ET" because you won't have a million bucks into it.

Just today I was wondering what prop to slap on the 03 for this week's delta trip. I'm going solo this weekend (without wife and kids) but with a buddy and his wife. They are large people like me (not trying to be mean or anything, but let's just figure there will be +/- 600 lbs of total human cargo in the boat) and originally I was going to strip the boat down to try for some high speed numbers with the Wasp 29. But the fact that my friends are coming, plus reconsidering the delta is chocked full of debris from the snow melt, I decided to wait for a lake day to strut the Wasp out.

So I thought...26 Trophy?....nah(yawn)...24 ET? What if I hit a log... Hmm...28 Quad OT4? (still thinking to bring that one)...then I saw the 28 AlliCut Chopper II and thought, BINGO! Fair holeshot with a heavy load, good lift, pitched high enough for good speed.

What do you guys think?

PS yeah I remember on my 03 setup the way it is, I could not get it to blow out, it would just lose lift and lay the boat down in a straight line--something I wasn't expecting! It would be a good learning-to-drive prop too...not real torquey...

BigRedAlli

I've got a 26p and a 28p ally cut that I am very happy with.The 26 is alot of fun and quick. The 28 was on the boat when I bought it, and is the one I learned to drive with. Also you can't beat the price..... :D
Marty