Allison Cut Trophy

BruceMerc

Does anyone have a picture of or can describe what this cut looks like and does it help longevity, hole shot or top speed?
Thanks
Bruce

lundy02

I have two A 26 and 28 look like hoss props.very strong cary weight good. mine are original soddy daisey props.. (performance propeler)..

fishnfireman

The most noticible thing is the blades are shortened about an inch on the leading edge....almost squared off down to the barrel...
The biggest improvent for mine was the hole shot and exceleration.
It was a BIG improvment on the 21 ft hull.....

mha

I'm very curious too about what these do and why. Mine came with one. To add to Mike's description, they look like a Trophy except the blades end about even with the back of the vent holes giving you an inch or better of just barrel with no blades...if that description makes sense.

I have a couple of other very nice worked Trophys that have served me well on Bullets but have no idea how they are going to do on the Ally.

I'd love to hear the theory behind the cut and any scoop on what they do differently and why vs. a standard worked/balanced/blueprinted Trophy.

GotMyAlly

I think that part is cut away because it really isn't doing anything. At least that is my understanding behind it. That front edge of the blade nearest the hub isn't pulling much....most of the pull is in the tips when you are running. That blade area is just extra drag. Cut it out and the prop spins faster. I could be wrong though....

I almost sent my 27" trophy off for an allison cut.....but then after I ran a hydromotive I decided the trophies were best suited for Rangers.

chad202

The front of the blades before being cut up the hub are very close the gear case. With them being that close, they actually pull exhaust into the blades causing it to ventilate. By cutting the blades up the hub, the venting is lessoned.

fishnfireman

I think that part is cut away because it really isn't doing anything. At least that is my understanding behind it. That front edge of the blade nearest the hub isn't pulling much....most of the pull is in the tips when you are running. That blade area is just extra drag. Cut it out and the prop spins faster. I could be wrong though....

I almost sent my 27" trophy off for an allison cut.....but then after I ran a hydromotive I decided the trophies were best suited for Rangers.
You might just change your mind about that if you ever buy a 21 ft Allison !!!!!!!!!!

PS-- The Ranger boys are all running a Tempest or a hydromotive !

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

Fireman....I'll agree with that about the 21/trophy. Even Darris himself told me that the cut trophy was a better prop on the 21 than the hydromotive. But on an 03, no question about it....the hydromotive whips the trophy in any conditions.