Allison GT 20 total restore w/ Merc 200XRI

DOUBLE J

1982 Allison Gt 20 restored 2011 by Jack Barsh of Full Throttle Performance. Took Jack a year to do. Total frame off restore. Probably one of the finest in existence.
New stingers,floor,transom etc. Hull was totally regelled(bottom,top and inside).Hull weight is approx. 900#'s. All yellow,white and black is new gelcoat(not paint).Custom recessed foot throttle set up. The pinstripes around the yellow are hand painted by well respected pin stripe artist. All custom billet hardware(shifter,vents,bezels etc.).
New:rub rail,upholstery(factory Allison buckets, seats and sliders), Sea Star Hyd. steering, Allison steering wheel,hub w/ blinker trim, 6 gauges(GPS speedo), LED lighting, JBL stereo etc. All rigging, gas tank, hot foot, cables, windshield etc is new. Lightweight battery with battery cut off. Basically the whole boat is new. Glove box signed by Darris Allison himself. Trailer is a Boatmate tandom trailer which I would rate a 9 out of 10( only been in freshwater). No rust whatsoever. Motor is a stock 1999 Mercury 200 XRI with solid mounts(estimate 150 hours on rebuild),sportmaster lower unit(estimate 50 hours on total rebuild on lower unit),oil injection removed and a custom Mike Nass lightweight cowling,pan and skirt to finish off the "old school looks"($1000 alone). Comes with a 6 inch Allison set back bracket and old school Land and Sea hyd jackplate. Comes with custom cover and seperate motor cover. Heres a link to the total rebuild: http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=11151
On page 13 is a link to a video of the maiden voyage. Boat runs 85 w/out windshield and 82-83 with windshield. $18000. Phone number is 228-760-1779

DSC00639 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr

DSC00631 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr

DSC00634 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr

DSC00635 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr

Last edited:

resqu-u

Double J and his GT are top notch, Darris's signature is legit. This boat is beautiful and runs great! How does that cheap ET run on the Grand Sport?:cool

DOUBLE J

Thanks for compliments everyone. It was a labor of love. The ET wanna be runs good. I haven't had much time to run it but I went a litle over 95 with it and there was still quite a bit left.

Yellowallison

AWESOME RIDE......especially since I had the opportunity to daily watch the boat go from rotten piece of firewood to a PERFECT SHOW PIECE!!!:big grin

DOUBLEJ.....I think this is one gunna be like my ALLYSHOT...yur going to kick yurself once u sell it because its ONEOFKIND:beer:

Freebird

She came home with me today, so you boys missed out! Nice dealing with you, Double J. She was everything you said she was.