Allison hydraulic steering

cj707

My ? is for people who have run both rams. The sea-star pro and the Ally ram. I don't know what the difference is mechanically, but for me its night and day difference. My old steering was a 2 finger deal. Super smooth and easy. The Ally steering may has well be cables. It was rigged at the factory, so there's no rigging errors. By me anyway. If that's the feel everyone has, I'll put the regular ram on and sell the Ally ram.

F2008

Lars, I've got to believe the dealer or factory would make it right if it's not.

I just removed my 5345 cylinder and will install the 6345 when it's warm enough. The only mechanical difference I'm aware of is the addition of the keyed brackets.

bigtis

Lars, I've got to believe the dealer or factory would make it right if it's not.

I just removed my 5345 cylinder and will install the 6345 when it's warm enough. The only mechanical difference I'm aware of is the addition of the keyed brackets.
the plumbing on the 6345 is different as well I believe.

bruce pitts

a guy i know here put one on xb-2003 it was like yours he sent it back the cylinder was not true they sent him a new one works great i drove it before he sent it back and it was hard to get a feel for it after he install the one thet replace it drove fine

cj707

The ram "looks" fine. But maybe it is defective. When I ordered the boat it came with the steering rigged and bled. I just threw it on the motor. Nothing strange, other than being way too tight. In fact the helm chirps cause I have to yank the wheel so hard at certain speeds. And like I said. Allison rigged the hull, I just hung the motor. Everything looks right. Maybe I'll yank it off and send it back. Weather sucks here anyway. Too much global warming!

Last edited: