Allison Owners

Bucketmouth

I am going to put this on the most looked at place on this site even though it has nothing to do with an Allison, but our group of owners.

My motor crapped a piston last summer and I was in the market for a new (to me) motor. The ole 2.0 liter 150 wasn't going to get rebuilt. Not good enough for the XB2002. So I am looking under the section "motors for sale" and started inquiring about a 200 for sale by one of the members here. I was a little leery of making a big purchase from the other side of the US, but pressed Jesse (nickens21) for more and more info on said motor. He seemed like a knowledgeable guy and so forth. I got the impression that he was being honest with me on the deal too. I posted on this site what should I look for and what would YOU guys look for and ask about the motor. The responses were much appreciated and very helpful. Thanks again to all of you that helped me out.

However, you guys will like this, I need to especially thank Roy (Baitcaster) that stepped up and said hey, " I live close by there, you want me to go and check it out for you?" Hell yes I would!!!! So he drives 30 miles, looks it over, shoots a video of it starting and running, takes a bunch of pictures and posts them on a site. We get on the phone together and look at them one by one and he explains what he saw and how he felt about the motor. So here I was one day thinking, I am not so sure about this deal and the next, because of someone looking out for a fellow member, I will soon be the new owner of a motor to get me going again. I told my neighbor and he said "only in America baby".

So, a big thanks to Roy aka Baitcaster for taking the time to help another Ally owner. I definitely owe somebody a favor down the road. Your generosity will not be soon forgotten. So there is your great story to end the week. Bet a Nitro owner wouldn't help that much (ha ha)

Now to get a hold of that shipping company!

Brett

propmanjay

Thats why we call it the family. We might gruble at each other once in the while, usualy in the winter but we always look out for each other.

baitcaster

Thanks for the comments, You are welcome and it was my pleasure. I am glad the purchase and sale has come to pass. That new to you motor is going to look great on your Alli.

Keep in touch, I want to see some pics and hear some numbers when it is all said and done. Take care bro, hope one day to see you on the water.

RedAllison

THATS what this place is about. :cool Glad Roy was willing and able to help out another family member.

Glad to hear you're ready for BLASTOFF!!! :at the bar
RA