Allison plant river run to Stadium???

Allyfishing

I need to know how many are going to go to the Allison Plant on Friday for the tour and if there is any interest in hitting the river to ride up to the Stadium and back??

Owners are asking and Mrs. Allison would like to get an idea of how many are coming over.

Lakeman (Allison)

I will be there friday and the run... need to know what time to be at the plant.. 10:00am or so. (James & Debbie)

skewby

since me and some of the locals have been before, we are just going to make a river run to a sand bar and cook out or come back and have a fish fry with some local crappie caught rodger and breeze, so anybody not going to the factory is welcome

john4utvols

since me and some of the locals have been before, we are just going to make a river run to a sand bar and cook out or come back and have a fish fry with some local crappie caught rodger and breeze, so anybody not going to the factory is welcome
Is this beach still there.....I wasn't sure what the spill did to that area.....Thats a good boat ride as long as the boat traffic is down

rmills280

yep its still there and good shape and the plan was to ride there on friday so the ride should be smooth.

Allyfishing

If there is enough interest and boats we can certainly run up to the stadium. I'm just trying to get a head count and not get there on Friday and there is only 2 or 3 boats showing up.

Of course we will be be depending on the Watts Bar Mafia to take of business on the Bar and provide a day of fun, sun, food and runnin and gunnin!!! Thanks guys!!

So at this point it sounds like 4 boats so far for the plant tour and river ride, correct?? there's still time....

robo ss

3 locals good for run to lil sand island roger, kevin probably come too wont he? roger, do us till have the 30 prop ? mike r

rmills280

3 locals good for run to lil sand island roger, kevin probably come too wont he? roger, do us till have the 30 prop ? mike r
kevin will be hangin some dont know if he has to work fri. though. yeah i still have the 30 its on newby's boat right now.

john4utvols

We have been to the plant and stadium several times so I think we might stay at watts bar and ride down to the beach, it would be much easier for us with 3 kids. At least there the kids can get out and run around.

skewby

it is about 25 mile to the sand bar. the beach is still good they just shut it down that one summer for the spill. i could be wrong but if your wanting to run from euchie to the stadium on the river your looking around 100 mile 1 way plus locking through fort loudon dam. i have never done it but have friends do it once a year in ski boats and it an all day adventure.

Allyfishing

Sorry if I got people confused on the river run to the stadium. the run we are talking about is from Fort Loudon behind the Allisons to the stadium and then back to Loudon, load up the boats and then head on back to Euchee/Watts Bar and meet up with everyone there.

That is only if there are enough boats/interest after touring the plant. I completely understand many not wanting to do it because if having to leave Euchee, drive on up the plant, launch there etc. etc. and then back again.