Allison Syndrome

Forkin' Crazy

Well I know what it is now. 8)

I had been just running it during the week, testing my set up, etc... and I put in a couple of weekends ago... amazing... Two other boats and myself were sitting on a lone sand bar.... seems every boat had to slow and look... a few pulled in and asked me if they could look at my boat... Of course I said yea (even though we pulled in there to get away from a crowd). They asked many questions and weren't the only boat to do so. There are not many Allisons on my river, so most had not even seen one, let alone know what it is.

All I heard was, "Man, that is one fine boat", "That boat is so pretty" etc, etc... good thing my hat has an elastic head band to compensate for my head swelling!!!! :lol:

I love my Allison!!!!! 8)

K.Kiser

The SS's are a great looking boat and congratulations on your new ride Forkin but for God sakes, I hope I don't start seeing a bunch of new Allison owners popping up on My home river ( Red River)... I like and can only tolerate dyed in the wool performance boat lovers, like Myself... If a bunch of poser's looking for a pretty boat start showing up in Ally's, all my stuff is going up for sale and I'm gonna have to find a new sport with tearful eyes and a broken heart.. The world of performance boating isn't very big, but I like being among the Few and Proud... I hate that I missed the rally..

jaybluez

I must agree Forkin. I just got back from the McDonald's tournament on Toledo Bend and I chit u not, every boats wake that we crossed the driver was a rubberneckin. My partner thought it was hillarious. I brought the boat to Toledo Fiberglass to have some hook put in the pad and one man couldn't believe his eyes. He complimented me on the boat, drove away and came back. He came look at the boat again was still in awe lookin at my baby. She's a head turner. What I really liked was we left Cypress Bend Resort just cruisin but I was throwing a rooster tail about 2 feet higher than the boat. This Ranger w/ a 250 come flying by us and my partner said 'Get em'. I laughed and hammered down and it wasn't long we were crossing his wake and waving. :lol: I've got a 200 Yamaha on the back but...she got a 150 sticker on the cowling. :twisted: Them boys couldn't believe they got burnt by a 150.

K.Kiser

I'm a form after function kinda guy, the Allison's are beautiful hulls... What I truly like about the hulls is that you can see and feel the over-obsessive compulsive nature of Darris Allison... I like people that are a little "throwed off" but in the right direction, and it gives Me pride to own and drive one of his creations... My real enjoyment doesn't come from the complements, altough it's nice... The best part is to know that your riding in THE APEX PREDATOR of single outboard Vee hulls... I may not always own an Allison, like now for example -- but I'll always want one..

J

John Richied

Them boys couldn't believe they got burnt by a 150.
:p funny stuff! He’s probably at the marina now trying to trade his 250 for a 300 horsepower… LOL