Allison XB2003 for bass fishing?

bill

Hi everyone, I have been looking at bass boats for a few months and just came across Allison boats. Now I have the bug!!! I think the XB2003 is what the best choice for me. I will be running it on Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. You guys obviously know these boats well and I am hoping some of you can answer a few questions. I will be using the boat for general fishing, some tournament fishing as well as cruising around. Are these boats able to have 3 batteries for 24 volt trolling motors? Do all xb2003 models have a livewell and rod locker? Curious about the Mercury 260,280 and the Pro Max 225 for what I need. I would like to have a fast boat but am just wandering your opinions on these motors good or bad. I can spend around $15,000 to $20,000 on one and I hope that will be enough to get something reliable and fairly nice. Thanks to all.

xb03fs

Bill I see you are from St. Louis area. I don't really fish but can show you an xb21 if your interested. Don't know if I'll have time to give you a ride this year but Allisons are very fun boats great riding boats. There is a xb2003 in the area as well, but I don't know him very well.

bill

Awesome, I live in Fenton. I have never owned a bass boat but have ridden in some gamblers and Z9 nitros. I sold my riverpro jet boat which was terrible on the lake and 50mph feels like you are sitting still unless running the Big River which was a lot of fun in inches of water! My wife likes the lakes better so we are switching to a prop boat. I really thought about buying a gambler but these Allison's speed and handling have me drooling!! Anyway thank you for the reply and your boat looks awesome!!!! I wish I could swing the dough for an xb21!!! I would love to see it sometime. Do you think I can get something that is nice for around $20,000?

xb03fs

Yeah probably I live in ofallon I had an xb2003 before and it was a blast. It ran high 80s with my 200 and my xb21 runs low 80s but is not nearly as quick with the same motor.

20k should get a really nice xb2003, 15 will get you one that needs a few things.

RoseXB03

Should be able to find a nice one for under $20k. Once you ride in one you will definitely be hooked. Be ready and keep your eye out, if a nice one pops up it wont last long.

RoseXB03

With a 225 Promax upper 80s wont be a problem. Its just gonna take you a little while to learn to drive it!

Jessie

I fished tournaments out of an XB 2003 for 5 years. All of the XB 2003's have livewells and rod lockers. A 225 pro-Max will. give you speeds in the mid to upper 80's tournament loaded, but it takes some seat time to attain those speeds. It takes some getting used to to get up to the front deck. The wind protection is great and so is the storage. If you get an Allison, learn to drive it; the best way is to have an experienced driver go with you. The XB 2003 is a great family boat.

rmills280

i have a yellow and white xbo3/200 efi with alien cowl and sportmaster that i will sell.

THutch

Bill, for what you describe the XB2003 is a great boat. I have a 2003 with a Merc 200 and it runs 80s+ with a full fishing load. That is 12 rods, 2 fishermen, 24 volt Foretrex (3 batteries) and tons of tackle. The front deck is a bit smaller than other "bass boats" because it has a larger cockpit. But, after fishing season I loose the TM, 2 extra batteries, tackle and put the bench seat back in - then I scare the he** out of three friends. Your $20,000 budget should do you fine. You may have to travel some to find one but I find these boats are generally better kept than other $20,000 boats. A good XB2003 will probably cost $8,000 to $12,000 plus the motor. I wouldn't be afraid to buy them separately.

Kchanenberg

lee a saunderson i believe just recieved one on consignment... 94 boat with a 95 engine. I wanted to just on it but with the canadian dollar as low as it is it just doesnt fit in my budget presently. He's asking 13,900

motobuffy

The boat at Lee's is not a tournament model. The front deck is solid with no hatch to access the below deck storage. Fine as a cruiser and sometime fisherman who doesn't carry much tackle.

rmills280

thanks to Bill i am now bbt, when he drove away i was thinking what have i just done that is one good looking and dependable rig now what am i going to do.

Allyfishing

Oh for goodness sakes Roger!!!!! Now you gone and done it again!!! OK, now this time you will get another boat and I'll bet it's going to have a 280 on it.

xb03fs

Congrats!

We may try to go to the kaskaskia one more time before the year is done possibly
Next weekend or the one after if the wether holds.....great river to run on. Damned up to keep water and very little current. We did 65 miles last weekend. We had 4 boats show. 3 Allisons and a Allison drag owners
With a hydrostream

Gonna try and get the 21 past 84.5 with my 200

hirk

Thats about the nicest colour combo I've seen on an 03, congrats Bill!!!!

bill

Thank you guys, I love this boat!!!! I just got back from a week long lake trip vacation and put some hours on her in between fishing. This baby is a lot of fun for sure. There was a big tournament at LOZ this weekend and I had a ball passing these $60-70K bass boats with a 200 Merc. I cat run at 75 and got to 78 once with a lot of fishing gear and 2 trolling batteries. I hope to get some more top out of it soon!!!!! My wife even gave this boat the nod when I got home with it which is extremely unusual with my toy purchases. Anyway thanks to everyone and Roger for selling it.