Aluminum Boat trailers for a Allison XB2003

WT

Anyone know were I can pick up a Aluminum Boat trailers for a Allison XB2003 some were Close to Mobile Alabama

Thanks

B HEBERT

I found a welder a few years back that made me one. I brought him the old trailer and he built me a copy using my axle and fenders. He was from Lafitte, LA, but he might have been flooded out for Katrina.

Aqua Vicious

Anyone know were I can pick up a Aluminum Boat trailers for a Allison XB2003 some were Close to Mobile Alabama

Thanks
I just had one built at Hi-Tech Marine in Panama City. Picked it up 2 weekends ago. I also hear McClains is good.....I think in LA.
James

Yellowallison

Call Scott at Amera-trai trailers in St Cloud florida.....Tell Scott Vickery said to call (buddy of mine).

He has built quit a few Allison trailers and is a A#1 kinda guy!

http://www.ameratrail.com/

Hope this helps:very happy

jpxb2003

Those trailers on the ameratrail website looked pretty nice. Let us know what you find or post some pictures if you get one.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Thanks Scott, Ameratrail is who I was thinking of, not Alumatrail. Whoever it was that built the trailer for Yeallar1 that was one fine ride. I think it was Amera Trail.

brotherxb03

They had a guy off the new road going to lafitte in marrero that did build them using your old hardware. I think he is still there. Let me know I can check if you want,it's just a mile or so from my house. I have a McClain I beam Aluminum double bunk I bought in 06 from Baton Rouge on Airline Hwy.

Last edited:

bigtis

whatever you do, don't get a tandem torsion axle trailer. I had one under one of my xb2003's and it would beat the snot outta my boat going down the road. no trailer rides like the allison leaf setup. my poor boat would catch hell going to the camp. if ya get a tandem, shoot for a different supension setup than torsion. Just my .02

Aqua Vicious

Thanks
I can tell ya, if you don't know already I had a couple of pretty extensive talks with Todd at Allison and there are some peticulars that he recommended, ie; the four bunks should contact the boat where they do on the boatmate, the stand ups are weight bearing, the front guide bunks should be tight at the front and aprrox 1/4" off the boat at the back to help prevent blistering, the front roller should touch and the back should be approx 3/8" from the bottom, all rollers in between should progress accordingly, the stand up bunks are double wrapped, and the back of the boat should sit on the axles so as to give adequate tongue weight with fuel in the tank. Mine had to be moved forward because the tongue was not heavy enough and you could feel it on every bump. Hope this will help. Take lots of photos of your old trailer and maybe some measurements. I took my old trailer with my boat so they could see what they were dealing with. They swung my boat over when it was finished. It seems to be pretty beefy compared to most I/ve seen. Todd can definitely hook you up on the peticulars though!
James Morris

P.S. Definitely consider torsion axles