Another Big Block

smiley88

Screenshot_2015-05-07-11-15-32.jpg Well fellas here's another big block story, my brother and I are both out here on the West Coast and own Allisons he has an XTB and I have a Grand Sport. Needless to say we took his XTB out the other day and still getting familiar with seat time and playing around we were making some passes..Nothing too Seriouse just 65-70 mph passes around the lake.We stopped to drink some coffee and noticed a boat headed towards us and as we took off they kept following ..they continued to head our way and do circles until both my Bros xtb and the big block got lined up..Once lined up at about 30 mph both boats punched it..We pulled away from the boat like it was sitting still and saw that they turned and slowed down so we made another pass then another by them continuing to let them know these boats can run all day...finally we stopped again and they came pulling up and when they shut off the motor their exact words were " oh , I should have known...It's an an ALLISON ".. yep they were familiar with it and I thought that was cool as there are none around central california that we see....thanks allison owners for all the input and forums we are given to read and learn about these boats....We love them....here's a picture of his xtb ....

RedAllison

LOL I just LOVE running up behind someone, just far enough back that they can't see the side of the boat. If they aren't already running WOT then I get close enough and stay there to "encourage" them to fire wall it! :D Once I think they have her mashed for all she's worth then I go on and ease on up beside them. That, "Oh hell it's over, that's an Allison" look on their faces is PRICELESS! The reactions vary from just simply smiling and waving, to peeling off and heading 180degs opposite or the thickest of heads will stop RIGHT THEN and start acting as if they were actually going to fish in that spot that is 1 mile offshore over 60ft of featureless bottom in the dead center of the river channel! :LMAO:

smiley88

Oh cool we have to head up that way some time .we're only 2 hours from there...

whipper

Know one knows what Allisons are up were I am. I had a guy say theres no way your 20ft boat can do 90 with only a 225!! He said maybe 60-65. i said oh thats just getting warmed up. had several BB guys think they could take me none so far. I had one guy who had a little 2 seat hydro with a 900hp V drive take me of the line but caught him at around 70. He couldnt believe i was beside him at 70. He was only proped to 80 and his boat has gone over 100. i would need a 300drag to take other days im sure that thing was beast!!

Nice story West Coast gota love it when that happens!!:rolleyes:;)

Lotus 50

I raced a 427 powered Sanger Hydro last summer. 4 in my boat (SS2000 w/225 PM). One guy in the Sanger. There were a lot of boat wakes and I backed off at 75. Didn't matter, he was way ahead by then.

A twin blower motored tunnel last summer also passed me last year. It was like I was standing still.

Am I hanging around the wrong big blocks?

ROBERT CROSS

Fast is Kool :cool:

But I like......
DSC09545.JPG

Great story!! Nice being exclusive ain't it?
After 5 Seasons we be the only Ally at this end of Lake Erie.

Bob

SLOmofo

DSCN4711.JPG
Robert this is across from the marina. I'd guess 60 feet down. I don't care as long as I have water to run. That's a good pic of the store. When were you here. I've lived in Mud Hole since the mid 70s.

ROBERT CROSS

View attachment 9186
Robert this is across from the marina. I'd guess 60 feet down. I don't care as long as I have water to run. That's a good pic of the store. When were you here. I've lived in Mud Hole since the mid 70s.

SMF,

Brother lives in Simi. We try to make it up there anytime we manage a Summer visit. 70's-90's it was a Family destination all Summer long, Kid's all grown up, now it's more of a Whine Tour thing. :cool:

That is crazy low though.:eek:
images.jpg

Bob

SLOmofo

Smiley88 where are you located and what lake/s do you haunt? I live to pick on car motor boats.
Oh yes, welcome aboard! Here's a billet block. Lake Lice motor. $30,000 trick jet ski. I have video of him using it. Very impressive at least to me.101_0662.JPG

smiley88

I'm in fresno California in the very center of cali. I go to millerton , pine flat lake, kings river ,Mendota slough and a little lake called redinger..sometimes I'll hit shaver lake but we're in San jauquin valley so we're literally 10-45 minutes away from all bodies of water...