Another new guy ...... me

22R

Welcome and Congratulations !! One thing about it... you will have the fastest 115 HP powered boat around !!! Have fun and keep us udated.

22R

Darth VMAX

I did a search and Msethsmile was the one with the info on the 115 Fastrike Lower-unit. (rigged on a SS2000). You might pick his brain for some set-up info.

RedAllison

The 115 OMCs run over 80 on SS2000s (Wanna say Darris mighta broke 90 in a light SS he built a few years ago but can't remember now). Anyway regardless of power, the XB2002 is still THE fastest bassboat on the planet so you won't have to worry about anyother 115 powered boat out running you. Hell honestly, I doubt ANY 150s and most 200s will be able to outrun you once you getter dialed in. Think THAT won't pee on some folks birthday cake? Imagine them havin to admit a 20'er with a V4 passed em. :twisted evil

Good luck and it won't be long before you set your sights on a ProMax or a 2.5 and then wave as you TORCH SMOKE em all!!! :gone fishing
RA

Brack

Hello ,....My name is Brack.....and I have a addiction also,.......

Congrads Don ....you will luv the addiction,......welcome to the world of Allison owners

Ronnie

Call Allison and get a copy of the red book,lots of good info. And as far as the norm thing goes i have a 115 suzuki on xtb-21.

Last edited:

F2008

Call Allison and get a copy of the red book,lots of good info. And as far as the norm thing goes i have a 115 suzuki on xtb-21.
Ronnie, just so I don't let them know right from the get go that I have no idea what I'm talking about, what's the "red book"?

?? on your boat ....... wider and heavier than an XB 2002 yes? What kind of numbers out of curiosity?

I limited my Allison search to the lighter, narrower, it's just me fishing alone 90% of the time model.

Ronnie

For me the red book is like the bible on allison boats.It tells about the best lower units,props,set back, blow out,chine walk and how to adjust the ride guide steering.When you call allison and say red book they will know what your talking about as do all the allison owners.Most of the time when I have called I have talked to bill and he knows allisons.I went from a ranger to an allison that is a deep v so the book really help me understand about the balance of the boat. I have it 60 1 time and it must have been a fluke because 56 to 58 is about it.your boat is prolly lighter and is faster from what i have read.I'll bet you can get close to 70 maybe more if ya play with it.The guys on this site will help ya get the numbers I'm sure.

F2008

.....When you call allison and say red book they will know what your talking about as do all the allison owners........
Ohhhhhh, .....THAT red book. I knew that. I was going to call them about that. :big grin

Thanks Ronnie. :smile I'll call them after the holiday. Don

F2008

.....and thanks for the welcoming words from you other guys also. I'll keep you all posted. Have a safe holiday. Don

hack02

Whats the weight of a 115? That will be one of the main determining factors on selecting the amount of setback. Allisons don't follow the norm of other bassboats as far as more is better, (setback). A 350-375 lb 2.5 works well with 8 to 10 inches of setback.

F2008

hack02,

315 lbs for my 115 Intruder.

Which, was one of the determining factors instead of getting the 130. That weighed in at 365.

Then there was the 130's 90 degree v the 115's 60 degree,

......and the 130 lower .44 ratio v the 115 .5 ratio lower.

I never regretted the decision. I'd run circles around 130's on comparably weighted hulls. I'd like to get this boat running equally as impresive.

Don

Last edited:

SLOmofo

I think I would rig it with the 6" Hyd and drive it then later add the other one. Then compare. Also a water pressure guage is a must when you start jacking the motor up, assuming you don't have lower water pick up.