Anybody else having problems getting pennzoil 100% syn?

ALLISONMAN

Why does everyone want to cheap out on oil when these motors cost so much to rebuild and maintain!!!! I personally dont see why you would have a hi-po engine and run some oil that some engine rebuilder recommends!!! He does make a living off of rebuilding motors!!! Merc oil has extra additives to help out with alot of tiny problems that go unseen or unsaid!! I have run klotz for years and even question its additives even though i havent had any oil related problems to date!! Of course i have to run klotz in both race clubs we race with but after time and time of 10,000 rpm passes at 50:1 i cant really see where at 7000 the oil wouldnt do its job!!! But given the preference i would probably run the merc hi-po oil and see if it would extend some ring life!! I think penzoil would be fine in a low rpm stocker since it is tcw3 rated but i wouldnt run it in a hi-rpm or hi-po motor!!! Just my 2 cents

froggy

Merc Performance Blend is a blend for a reason. It has mineral oil, synthetic oil and bean oil, each has a purpose. Mineral oil inhibits rust quite well. Synthetic oil resists scuffing from high rpm's and high bearing loads. Bean oil stays on the cylinder walls even in the presence of ethanol (alcohol) and gives great lubricity at ultra high rpm's. No single oil can do all this at an excellent level. Sure Merc Performance Blend burns kind of dirty, but it sure does stick to the internal parts---especially after long periods of inactivity and storage.

Payz yo money gets yo play. Just my $.02

froggy