Anybody heard from Red

Texan

Talked to his wife and they were working on a cut on his head. She said that he was okay, but in some pain. She said that she would call me back. I'll update when I hear.

strip

I understand that he is gonna be OK, Thank God. I would imagine he will be sore for quite some time. What I read about this is the boat hooked at 90 mph and did a complete spin, 90 to 0 in 10'. Red we are glad the Lord was looking out for you, God speed on your complete recovery.

catfish123

Sounds like exactly what happened last fall with mine with my son in it at 91 mph. He managed to stay in the boat with a death-grip on the steering wheel. I hate this stuff............real scary. I wish Red a speedy recovery and I'm interested in all the details about what may have caused this.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Damn RA hope everything is still attached and nothins broke. I just read over on fastbas that you got a nasty cut and you gonna be OK. Glad to hear that. I was also glad to hear you had on ya PFD. Get well so Bud.

Last edited:

whipper

Realy glad your going to be OK Red!! I hope your Allys good to.Sucks to get hurt just as summer is getting started. Bandaids make for funny looking tans!
:big grin Got picks of the war wound?:big grin Its good to hear you were wearing your PFD! Get well soon.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Realy glad your going to be OK Red!! I hope your Allys good to.Sucks to get hurt just as summer is getting started. Bandaids make for funny looking tans!
:big grin Got picks of the war wound?:big grin Its good to hear you were wearing your PFD! Get well soon.
I am pretty sure he was in someone else's boat. Not sure who's though.

Texan

He was in Baitcaster's boat. Roy got pitched about 2 months ago in the same set of circumstances. Andy said that he went out to watch and if he hadn't, nobody woulda known. Mighta knocked him a little silly 'cause when Andy got up to him, he was saying something about losing his shoes and wasn't even seeing the 3' diameter of blood on the water around him.

Still haven't heard from him or Michelle. Sent a text message this morning, but I imagine that he so sore that moving a finger prolly causes pain.

Glad your around to tell about it, Red. Thank goodness for PFD's and kill switches.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I just talked with Jim, he is still in the hospital. Concussion, 12 staples in his head, almost lost his left ear, many stitches too. A-man was right, his scalp was cut to bone all the way from the hairline on the left side, to the back. His left shoulder is in a lot of pain and his hip, etc. They have CT'd and MRI'd him up and think everything is where it's supposed to be.

Having his jacket on saved his life, goes without saying. He told me all he remembers is doing 97mph and the boat turning to the right and then remembers no more until they fished him out of the water. Doesn't know what he hit or cut his head on; probably the windshield. He said the passenger seat was ripped out too (but Red was in the driver's seat). Yes, thank God he had the kill switch connected and his PFD on.

Red is lucky to be alive; prayers for his recovery and for his family too during this time.

Lou

Last edited:

BigRedAlli

Hate to hear. Didn't realize it was that bad...:gasp

We will pray for a fast recovery.

Thank God Red is a little smarter than some of us and was using his safety equipment!!!

WildWolf

Jim, I'am glad to hear your on dry land!! sounds scary man:shock:
If you wanted to get in the water just stop and jump in:help OK!! Stop bein all dramatic by hookin a boat to get all wet.

WW

Seriously I wish you a speedy recovery, and all the BEST to you and your family, GOOD feeshin and boating freinds are are to find.
Get WELL soon! :gone fishing:beer:

Texan

Thankfully Andy went out to watch because from what I hear, the blow out was out of sight from the water falls where everyone had congregated.

fishnfireman

OUCH Hope he is OK.
Hate to see anyone get hurt! At least it was his head.. I know for a fact his head is as hard as mine,,,,,, he should be fine..A few stitches and right back out.
So jim was driving.
Are the other occupants Ok or was Jim by himself ??