Anybody know anybody that works at Oak Ridge or Watts Bar Nuke plant?

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just wondering. Searching for jobs back around the Knoxville area right now. That's where I want to be. I've got a phone number to call tomorrow about a job at Oak Ridge. We'll see how that goes. My ultimate goal is to work at the nuke power plant as an operator. Just figured I'd throw this out there. Never hurts to find as many connections as you can! Thanks!

Brian

Fl Boy in ILL

You have nuclear navy background? There are jobs here in ILL at our plants for Operators all the time, especially if you have that background. I have been up here 16 years now working for Exelon.

Rick

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have nuclear navy background? There are jobs here in ILL at our plants for Operators all the time, especially if you have that background. I have been up here 16 years now working for Exelon.

Rick
Yep. 10.5 years nuclear navy, 5 on a submarine, macinist mate 1st class/ engineering watch supervisor, operator, etc... my last 3 years were as a shipyard qualified radcon tech. I've been working at Hanford DOE site for the last 1.5 years as a SR. RCT. I'm really looking to land in East Tennessee because that's where I always wanted to live, but I'm open to options. What do you do at Excelon?

Fl Boy in ILL

Yes when I was a contractor, I wrecked my Vector in the river while I was working at Farley, Big Doug tore my motor apart for me, that was in 92 I think

JWolff

Sorry to hear you were one of the low senior. I get to find out next week if I will be joining you in the search for a new job. Where were you on site. 100 area, PFP??? I'm in 200 East.

There are already rumors they might be bringing a few HPTs back if you were close to the cut off. I've heard in the 10 techs range.

John

ragtopvet

I've worked at TVA for the past 31.5 years the past 26 at Watts Bar. Send me your e-mail addy and i will send you some info on jobs at watts bar,we are currently building unit 2 with a lot of contract jobs for the next couple years and always looking for reactor operators,ie ex navy nukes.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to hear you were one of the low senior. I get to find out next week if I will be joining you in the search for a new job. Where were you on site. 100 area, PFP??? I'm in 200 East.

There are already rumors they might be bringing a few HPTs back if you were close to the cut off. I've heard in the 10 techs range.
John
I was out at 100D/DR. I'm so low on the senority list it isn't funny. I came in at the tail end of the hiring spree in April 2010 and there are about 20 under me. Btw, if you wanna go for a ride in the Allison, shoot me a note sometime. I'll be here for a few more weeks. Need to get out at least one more time so I can drive John's 2002. You're more than welcome to come along!

I've worked at TVA for the past 31.5 years the past 26 at Watts Bar. Send me your e-mail addy and i will send you some info on jobs at watts bar,we are currently building unit 2 with a lot of contract jobs for the next couple years and always looking for reactor operators,ie ex navy nukes.
Pm sent! Thanks!